Full Details Regarding the 4.50 PS4 System Software Update – Increased Storage, Customization, and More
Just like Xbox One update earlier this week, PlayStation 4 will be rolling out their own. Beginning today, owners of the PlayStation 4 who were invited to the beta program will get a sneak peek at some of the new features coming to the next major patch, number 4.50. Oddly enough, the code name for it is Sasuke. Did you sign up, and don’t know if you made it in? Check the email you used to signed up with, and don’t forget to take a look in the Spam folder, just in case. Curious to see what the PS4 system software update entails? Check out the complete details below!
- External HDD Support
- Gives players the option to plug in an external HDD (Hard Disk Drive/Hard Drive), up to 8TB in size
- USB 3.0 HDD
- Downloads and installs can be made directly to the external HDD
- All contents within the external HDD will appear in the Content Launcher of the Home Screen
- Custom Wallpapers
- Players can set their favorite screenshots as the background for the PS4 Home Screen
- Drop shadows on text, and options to dim the Function Area will help with visibility of icons and text
- Edit screenshots with Photo Mode in Sharefactory
- Quick Menu Refresh
- Covers less of the gameplay screen, allowing players to utilize Party features easier, without the need to transition to the Party app
- Simplified Notification List
- Condensed the notification tabs into a list (i.e. Game Alerts, Downloads, Uploads, etc.)
- Quick access to Notification settings from the Options Menu, for easy customization for activities you care about
- Post on PlayStation Network Activity Feeds
- Post directly to Activity Feed, appearing in various places such as What’s New
- Under What’s New, there will be a new option to post texts, screenshots, and GIFs to the Activity Feed
- Allows you to tag other players and users
- Live from PlayStation will showcase screenshots that players uploaded to the PlayStation Network as a Public Activity
- 3-D Blue-rays on PlayStation VR
- View 3-D movies in stereoscopic 3-D on the PlayStation VR headset
That’s the gist of the new PS4 system software update, for now. In the following weeks, more information on additional features and changes for version 4.50 will be revealed! Stay tuned with Don’t Feed the Gamers by following us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news!
So, PlayStation 4 players – are you excited for the new update? What are you looking forward to the most? What are the most beneficial changes, do you think? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below, we would love to hear from you!
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.