Watch Dogs Legion Reveals Extended Gameplay At E3 2019 (VIDEO)
Ubisoft finally confirmed what many of us already knew ahead of E3 2019: an all-new Watch Dogs game was surely on the way. Titled ‘Watch Dogs Legion,’ the new tech-based adventure looks to be going in a wholly new direction, following a fresh collection of hacker protagonists as they attempt to upend a dystopian version of London, England.
Shown off in a new piece of extended gameplay, several of the game’s legion of protagonists can be seen patrolling the streets of the jolly ol’ setting, where numerous enemies are met with melee and gun-based combat. Heavily-armed guards and machine-gunning drones all present a real threat to players, with anyone in the roster able to succumb to a swift permadeath at any particular moment. From there, it’s said anyone the game’s open world can be recruited to take their place, whether it be trained operatives or civilians completely new to the Resistance. Check out the footage below alongside an official gameplay rundown.
- PLAY AS ANYONE Recruit anyone from the entire population of London into your resistance: from an MI6 agent to a tough bareknuckle fighter, a brilliant hacker or an illegal street-racer, a rising football star or an inconspicuous old lady… Anyone you see can join your team and has a unique backstory, personality, and skillset.
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR RECRUITS Unlock unique perks to personalize each member of your Legion according to your playstyle. Level-up each character within classes such as Hacker, Infiltrator, and Assault. Customize them further with unique outfits and iconic masks.
- HACKING IS YOUR WEAPON Weaponize London’s tech infrastructure. Hijack armed combat drones, deploy stealthy spider-bots, covertly take down enemies using an Augmented Reality Cloak, and much more.
- TOTAL FREEDOM, REAL CONSEQUENCES Play the game the way you want. A brand-new melee system and a wide range of weapons and abilities means that the way you approach combat has real consequences. If you use non-lethal force, the enemy will attempt to subdue and arrest you. If you shoot to kill, you risk having your characters permanently killed.
- OPEN WORLD LONDON Explore a massive urban open world and visit London’s many famous landmarks – including Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Camden, Piccadilly Circus, or the London Eye – and engage in side activities like bareknuckle boxing, freestyle football, illegal courier contracts or street art.
- TEAM UP WITH FRIENDS Bring your team online and join forces with up to three friends as you freely explore the world together or take on entirely new co-op missions and challenging end-game content. Enjoy free regular updates adding new online modes, rewards, and themed events.
Watch Dogs Legion releases for Google Stadia, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on March 6th, 2020.
What do you think? Are you digging how Watch Dogs Legion is looking, or does it remind you almost too much of Assassin’s Creed gameplay? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall1666 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.