Two Tomb Raider Games Are Free For A Limited Time, Here’s How To Get Them
In the midst of store closures and social distancing, people have been confined to their homes to do their part in keep their distance from others to aid in curtailing the spread of COVID-19. Knowing some folks aren’t used to the hermit-like nature of the gamer life, companies are implementing their own methods to encourage folks to stay at home. Doing their part to help, Square Enix is offering up two Tomb Raider games for free.
We’re warmed by stories of communities banding together during these uncertain times and are offering a gift to keep friends & family connected through play. Read more: https://t.co/wWeWWuZ7Bv pic.twitter.com/9Ww2ZE7AJ8
— Tomb Raider (@tombraider) March 20, 2020
Tomb Raider and Lara Croft: Temple of Osiris are both available for folks on Steam! Follow the link on the Twitter post above for instructions, or the ones conveniently placed below! Here’s how to get started:
- Go to the Square Enix Store
- Purchase the games below, which will be marked as $0.00 through Monday, March 23 at 11:59PM PDT:
- You will need to log into your Square Enix Members Account during the purchase process. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for one for free.
- Go to “MY ORDERS” to access your Purchase History
- Locate your order and Click the “UNLOCK THE ACTIVATION KEY” button to open the order confirmation page
- Once in the order confirmation page you will see the red “UNLOCK THE ACTIVATION KEY” button once more. Please note – This may take a few minutes as your order is processing
- Click on the button to unlock your key
- Once you have your key, log into your Steam browser
- On the Steam browser window menu select “GAMES”
- Hover down and select “ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM…”
- Follow the instructions until you get to the field to enter your key
- Once you’ve entered your key, follow the remaining instructions to install your game
For an alternate method of getting them, feel free to head on over to each title’s respective Steam pages and download for free! Now both of those Tomb Raider games are yours forever.
What’s been the silver lining for your during this time – more hours spent with family, gaming sessions, an excuse to not interact with people? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Animal Crossing Rocks Out To DOOM In New Metal Music Video (VIDEO)
- Resident Evil 3 Demo Mod Replaces All Enemies With Nemesis (VIDEO)
- The Last Of Us Part 2 Director Praises The PS5 And Its SSD Specs
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2029 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.