Smite Patch 4.18 “Journey To Asgard” – Official Release Notes (VIDEO)
Smite is third-person MOBA in which players control mythological gods around a battlefield and it is getting ready to drop a new update in the near future dubbed the “Journey to Asgard”. Fans of the title can expect some new skins, new items, and some balance changes to be brought to the game. Some of the most prominent features being brought in the upcoming Smite Patch 4.18 patch are new skins for Nike, Da Ji, Fenrir, and Ymir. One of these skins in particular might even have fans listening out for the ice-cream truck.
— Kaitlyn Nicely (@KnicelyAnimated) September 20, 2017
That’s right, Ymir who is the first creature to come into being according to the Norse creation narrative is portrayed as an adorable – yet dealy mound of ice-cream. The “Belly Ache Ymir” skin is an Odyssey exclusive along with “Inu Gami Fenrir” and “Sequined Sadist Da Ji”. The “Harbinger Nike” skin will be available as a direct purchase.
Some changes that are being made to Project Olympus in the Smite Patch 4.18 include adjustments to spectator mode, mostly to improve the viewing experience. Server rollup will no longer be active in any region because of the effect it had moving players to regions with higher latency. One other item of note is that the ability to choose a random player loadout. Fans of the title will be able to choose this setting in the player loadout section and have the ability to randomize.
Here is a look at the Smite Patch 4.18 notes released from their official website, which is live on the test servers and coming to the public in the coming weeks:
- Fixed an issue where players could not enable random Wards.
- Fixed an issue where players using random Wards would not have their Wards be random in game.
- Fixed an issue where blocked players could message the blocker.
- Fixed an issue where players on DND could still be messaged.
- Players on a Blocked List can no longer join Custom Rooms hosted by the blocker.
- Fixed an issue where players in Grandmasters would always receive a -2 TP penalty.
- Fixed an issue where players would not receive Triumphant Chests after winning a game. This should already be resolved in the 4.17 patch for Console.
- Increased Physical Power from 25 to 40
- Decreased Magical Protection from 60 to 50
- Atalanta’s Bow
- Increased Attack Speed from 20% to 25%
- Chronos Pendant
- Decreased Cost from 2900 to 2750
- Removed 15% Lifesteal
- Added 10% Cooldown Reduction
- Decompose – Decreased Protection debuff from 3% to 2%
- Life Tap/Heavy Charge – Increased Cooldown from 15s to 17s
- Screeh – Decreased Physical Power Buff from 20/25/30/35/40 to 10/15/20/25/30
- Vampire Bats – Decreased initial damage from 70/120/170/220/270 to 70/110/150/190/230
- Sumo Slam – Decreased cooldown from 16/15/14/13/12 to 12s at all ranks
- Watery Grave – Decreased cooldown from 100s to 75s
- Flurry – Increased Physical Power scaling from 20% per to to 25% per tick/Increased Protection Shred from 2/2/3/3/4 per tick to 2/3/4/5/6 per tick
- Rune of the Hunt-Decreased Kaldr’s dash damage from 100/125/125/150/150% to 70/85/100/115/140% of Skadi’s Basic Attack Damage
- Permafrost – Decreased Radius from 16/18/20/22/24 to 16/16/18/18/20
- Monolith – Removed root from Monolith Shatter/Monolith Shatter now slows enemies by 30% for 1.5s/Increased Monolith’s hit points from 3 to 5
- Final Judgement – Decreased Scalling from 120% to 100%/Adjusted Charged-up Damage from 25/50/75/100% of total damage to 40/60/80/100% of damage.
- Fearless – Decreased Mana cost from 60/65/70/75/80 to 50/55/60/65/70
- Change Stance – Decreased Cooldown from 14/13/12/11/10 to 12/12/11/11/10
Interested in staying up to date on news and other patch notes like the Smite Patch 4.18, then be sure to follow the official DFTG Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert703 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.