PUBG Update #20 Introduces New Weapon ‘Beryl M762’ To All Maps (VIDEO)
PUBG Corp has revealed the details of a massive update for the PC version of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, with plenty of new content for battle royale fans to sink their teeth into. Announced over on the Steam forums, PUBG Update #20 features new quality of life fixes as part of the Fix PUBG initiative, bug fixes, the introduction of the Sanhok-exclusive Scooter vehicle, and more.
In addition to the above updates, a new weapon called the Beryl M762 is being added to all maps. An assault rifle, the Beryl M762 is reportedly most similar to the AKM, with a higher rate of fire at the expense of slightly lower damage per bullet, though those that can control the weapon’s recoil will see a greater damage output. Like the AKM, the M762 is, of course, a 7.62 weapon, with attachment slots for barrel, scopes, grip. The M762 is also the first assault rifle that comes with single, burst, and automatic fire modes. Check out the short video below to see the new weapon in action:
Here are the rest of the patch notes for PUBG Update #20:
PUBG Update #20
Quality of Life
- [LOADING SCREEN] Added a key guide to the loading screen tips
- [UI/UX #01] Targeted interactive objects are now more easily distinguishable by the highlighted outline
- [DEATH CAM REPORTING] Players can now report a player even if the deathcam’s target wasn’t shown properly
- [KILL FEED DISPLAY #01] You can now adjust your killfeed display options
- For war mode/observer screen, the amount is fixed to 5 lines
- You can adjust the normal killfeed results to show 5 to a maximum 10 lines
- [FIXED-PERSPECTIVE OPTION] Added TPP Aim Camera Position to options.
- [TEAMMATE REPORTING] You can now report teammates.
- [MIRAMAR FIX #04] Fixed an issue where a dead player’s loot box is sometimes buried in certain locations in Miramar.
- [ITEM MESH] Fixed an issue where items were difficult to distinguish from the floor in the police station in El Azahar on Miramar.
- [REPLAY #02] Fixed an issue in replays where a player appears to be in an unarmed state even though the character is armed with a weapon.
- [REPLAY #03] Fixed the issue where a character sometimes vaults the opposite direction while you’re time-jumping through a replay.
- [REPLAY #04] Fixed the issue where the bolt-action animation doesn’t always occur during replays.
- [REPLAY #05] Fixed the issue where certain sounds are not playing during replays.
- [CHARACTER MOVEMENT #04] Fixed the issue where a prone player is shown to be moving very fast while on a sloped area.
- [SPECTATING] Fixed an issue where when spectating a teammate, a teammate’s kill feed will be displayed in white instead of blue.
- [GETTING STUCK #02] Fixed an issue where characters can sometimes get stuck between a wall and vehicle while exiting the passenger seat when the vehicle is touching a wall.
- [LOOT EFFECTS] Fixed the issue where the looting sound and visual effects play, even though the item is not looted, if the character moves away while looting.
- [BLOOD EFFECTS] Fixed an issue where the blood effect sometimes shows up randomly when moving in replay
New Sanhok-Exclusive Vehicle: Scooter
- Added a new two-seat vehicle, the Scooter, which is exclusive to Sanhok
- The scooter replaces motorbikes on Sanhok
- Compared to the current motorbike, the Scooter has lower speed and an increased turning circle, but the same HP.
- Added ‘TPP Aim Camera Position’ to options
- Reset to Right Shoulder (default setting)
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s right shoulder
- Reset to Left Shoulder
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s left shoulder
- Latest Peek Shoulder
- Camera position automatically moves to the direction you last leaned
- Latest Aim Shoulder
- Camera remains in the last ADS direction
- In this setting, the camera position won’t be changed by leaning while not in ADS or scoping
- Reset to Right Shoulder (default setting)
- Added a key guide to the loading screen tips
- Targeted objects are now more easily distinguishable by the highlighted outline
- When a player is not in a group, the default team mode is set to Squad mode in the lobby
- After playing any other modes, the setting will be saved to the latest one.
- Improved the design of the map markers
- This is thanks to feedback that some players were confusing the previous marker design with the player icon
Anti-cheat & Reporting
- Added a report feedback system so players can receive an update when their reports have resulted in action.
- It will show the report description, player’s name and report status.
- Added the ability to report teammates in the team management window
- Added 2 new report options to the report window
- Players will now be able to access custom match settings, even if they are not the owner of the session
- Added two more custom game presets
- War mode
- Bomb kit (Dodgebomb): a game mode which only uses throwables
- VSS kit: a game mode which only uses the VSS
- War mode
- Decreased the minimum required players for starting a custom match from 10 to 8
Skin & Items
- PGI Team Hoodies sale has been extended.
- Sale of these items will end on Aug 21 at 7pm PDT / Aug 22 4am CEST / Aug 22 11am KST
- Fixed an issue where tooltips for the stun grenade did not accurately reflect its in-game effects
- Fixed an issue where characters were seen moving fast while prone when moving on slopes a certain way
- Fixed an issue in replays where a character appears to be unarmed even though the character is armed
- Fixed the issue where a character sometimes vaults the opposite direction while you’re time-jumping through a replay
- Fixed the issue where the bolt-action animation doesn’t always occur during replays
- Fixed the issue where certain sounds were not playing during replays
- Fixed an issue where a dead player’s loot box is sometimes buried in certain locations in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where item mesh is sometimes difficult to distinguish from the floor in the police station in El Azahar in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where characters can sometimes get stuck between the wall and vehicle while leaving the passenger seat when the vehicle is touching a wall
- Fixed an issue where the blood effect sometimes shows up randomly when moving in replay
- Fixed an issue where players could see through a wall when using Painkiller, Energy Drink, Adrenaline Syringe, Medical Kit close to the wall.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now available for PC and Xbox One.
So, thoughts on the latest PUBG patch? What new addition or fix are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2239 Posts
Ryan is a writer and the head editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.