Pokemon GO Spring Event Arrives Next Week
With everyone being home a lot more these days, Niantic has been trying their best to ensure Pokemon GO players would still be able to be the very best. That said, the devs have revealed a new Spring 2020 event, and it is set to begin next week.
The Spring event for Pokemon GO is set to kick off on April 9th and last for a week, allowing players plenty of time to catch all of the Pokemon wearing various Spring-related items, complete event-exclusive tasks, and much more. “Spring has sprung for those of you in the northern hemisphere, and what better way to celebrate than with a springtime event,” reads the game’s website. “Buneary joins the celebration by wearing a flower crown, while egg- and spring-themed Pokémon are appearing more often in the wild! Pokémon Eggs just got eggs-tra special too, as Pichu and Togepi with flower crowns will be hatching from them.”
In addition to this, Eggs that are placed in Incubators will still receive the 1/2 Hatch Distance bonus throughout the Pokemon GO event. For the full details, check out the list below:
Date + Time
From Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Exeggcute, Chansey, Mareep, Marill, and Torchic. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Exeggcute!
- Buneary wearing flower crowns and Pikachu wearing flower hats will also be appearing in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny ones, too!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 2 km Eggs: Pichu wearing a flower crown, Togepi wearing a flower crown, Happiny, Munchlax, Tyrogue, Chingling, and Riolu.
- All Eggs received from Gifts during the event will be 2 km Eggs.
- There will be event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward encounters with Alolan Exeggutor, Azumarill, and—if you’re extremely lucky—Audino!
- A Togepi-themed bag and hoodie will be available in the in-game shop!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour
Pokemon GO is currently available on mobile devices. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Is Free To Play This Weekend
- Fortnite Officially Adds Deadpool Skin (VIDEO)
- Star Wars: The High Republic Reveals Several New Jedi Characters
What say you, gamers? Are you excited for the Spring event in Pokemon GO? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support!
Eric Garrett1762 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.