Pokemon Go Abra Community Day Returns With ‘Play At Home’ Edition
With all that’s going on, people and companies have been getting creative in terms of how to stay entertained. There have been numerous event cancellations, delays, and closures but one thing is for sure – video games have been the lifeblood of quarantine initiatives across the world. To make up for the postponed March Community Day for Pokemon Go players, Niantic announced a reschedule for April 25th with a Play at Home Edition.
On Saturday, April 25th from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM (local time), Pokemon trainers will see Abra frequently appear in the wild alongside the usual bonuses of stardust, extended module duration, and special in-game bundles to purchase. Additionally, Community Day will last an entire six hours instead of three so you can take your sweet time to catch Abras and evolve some too! Here’s everything you can expect next week:
Pokemon Go Abra Community Day Features
- Abra will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Abra.
- Evolve Abra during the event or up to two hours afterward to obtain an Alakazam that knows an exclusive attack. We’d like to announce here that that exclusive attack will be the Fighting-type Fast Attack Counter!
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to unlock a Community Day–exclusive Special Research story—Investigating Illusions! Complete it for 13,000 Stardust, a Poffin, a Rocket Radar, and other rewards. Stay tuned for when tickets go live! The ticket to this Special Research story event is nonrefundable. Subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Community Day will now run for six hours instead of the regular three.
- The bonus will now be 3× Catch Stardust. This will be the perfect time to collect Stardust and power up your Pokémon for the GO Battle League!
- Instead of Lure Modules, Incense will last for three hours for the duration of the event.
- Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event. To take full advantage of this bonus, check out this help center article to learn how to get to Great Buddy with your buddy.
- There’ll be a special one-time purchase April Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Super Incubators, and three Incense for 1,280 PokéCoins.
- Take a snapshot during Community Day for a surprise!
Despite the fact that Pokemon Go was meant to get people out and about, there’s only so much folks can do with the stay-at-home measures in place across the globe. So we’ve got to make do! After all, we’ve got to catch them all! Shinies included.
What do you think about this “stay at home” version of Pokemon Go? Are you happy to see Niantic is making it easier to enjoy the mobile game during this time or are you busy playing other games? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Final Fantasy VII And Fallout 4 Collide In This Amazing Midgar Mod (VIDEO)
- Horizon Zero Dawn Sequel Hinted At In New Job Listing
- Valorant Introduces Brimstone In Explosive New Gameplay Clip (VIDEO)
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.