PlayStation Plus June 2022 Free Games Coming This Week (VIDEO)
Sony is gearing up to start rolling out its big PlayStation Plus relaunch, merging PS Plus with the streaming might of PS Now to form a new three-tiered of subscription service. While boasting all sorts of premium extras like an instant library of popular modern and classic games, the plan has also made room for the more traditional version of Plus, granting access to online multiplayer services, exclusive store discounts, as well as a monthly batch of free games.
Keeping the original spirit of PlayStation Plus alive, three games are now confirmed to be coming to members of the Essential tier for the month of June, including the boy-howdy reboot of God of War, which finally arrives as a PS Plus freebie following its initial launch back in 2018. Next up, the anime-inspired 4v4 fighter Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker will be made available to members of Plus alongside the Smash-like cartoon clash Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. A rundown of June’s PlayStation Plus free games can be viewed below.
- God of War (PS4)
- Living as a man outside the shadow of the gods, Kratos must adapt to unfamiliar lands, unexpected threats, and a second chance at being a father. Together with his son Atreus, the pair will venture into the brutal Norse wilds and fight to fulfill a deeply personal quest. This staggering reimagining of God of War combines all the hallmarks of the iconic series – epic boss fights, fluid combat, and breathtaking scale – and fuses them with a powerful and moving narrative that re-establishes Kratos’ world.
- Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker (PS4)
- The Naruto franchise goes 4 vs. 4, featuring team-based gameplay with 8 ninjas fighting simultaneously. Players cooperate as a team of four to compete against other teams online. Graphically, Shinobi Striker is also built from the ground up in a completely new graphic style. Lead your team and fight online to see who the best ninjas are.
- Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl (PS4, PS5)
- Brawl it out as your favorite Nickelodeon characters in bombastic platform battles. With a power-packed cast of heroes from the Nickelodeon universe, face-off with all-stars from SpongeBob Squarepants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Loud House, Danny Phantom, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Wild Thornberrys, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and more to determine ultimate animation dominance. With unique move sets and attacks inspired by their personalities, each character has an individual style of play enabling endless action for Nickelodeon’s legion of fans.
Each of these three games is set to become available to PlayStation Plus subscribers on June 7th (a full week from now) until July 4th. Until the ax slashing and animated brawls are ready to commence, Plus selections from last month are still up for grabs, with the likes of FIFA 22 (and an exclusive FUT pack DLC) are freely up for download along with Norse-themed action RPG Tribes of Midgard and roguelike dungeon crawler Curse of the Dead Gods.
What do you think? Are you excited about the PlayStation Plus free games for June 2022, or were you hoping for Marvel’s Spider-Man to finally end up as a freebie instead? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2712 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his biweekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.