Nioh Update 1.06 is Live – Adds New Sub-Missions, Ability to Pause the Game
An update for Team Ninja souls-like Nioh is now available. The latest Nioh update brings new sub-missions to the game, along with the ability to pause the game during missions (when not in multiplayer). The update also adds new smithing texts, and new titles to acquire from the new sub-missions.
Finally being able to pause Nioh during missions is a fantastic addition to the game. Technically, all players had to do (myself included) was find an area clear of enemies in order to safely AFK before the release of this update, as the typical Dark Souls invasion mechanic did not exist in Nioh. That said, the ability to pause the game during boss fights and other encounters is a nice feature to have, especially for those of us that have more on our plates than just fighting our way through feudal Japan.
The Nioh update also adds a few welcome quality of life features. For one, “rarity color palettes” are now a thing, which allows players to change the text color of item drops. This should prove useful to players that are used to a different color scheme (I’m looking at you, Diablo players). No more thinking you acquired a legendary everytime an uncommon yellow drops.
Here’s the full list of patch notes, below.
Nioh Update 1.06
- To play the new missions, you need to have reached the final part of the game.
- These new missions do not affect the trophy requirements for “Samurai of Legend.”
- Added new Titles. (Obtainable in additional missions.)
- Added new Smithing Texts. (Obtainable in additional missions.)
Adjustments and Improvements
- Pressing the Options button in the status menu will now pause the game. (Unable to use during multiplayer mode and summoning visitors.)
- Raise the limit for the number of smithing materials that can be carried to 9,999.
- Can now skip through items using the left and right keys in the equipment screen.
- Changed the rate at which the living weapon gauge recovers while a living weapon is triggered.
- The amount the gauge recovers now gradually reduces according to how much of the gauge has been depleted.
- In accordance with the above, the living weapon recovery rate for the “Extraction Talisman” has been increased.
- The abilities of the guardian spirit “Suzaku” have also been adjusted.
- Buffs and debuffs are reset when the living weapon of guardian spirit “Suzaku” is automatically triggered at zero health.
- Buffs and debuffs are reset when using a quick-change scroll.
- Adjusted the increased attack rate and duration for Talismans.
- Adjusted the increased attack rate and duration for Power Pills.
- Adjusted the increased damage rate for axe mystic art “Intesity.”
- Adjusted the increased damage rate for katana mystic art “Sword of Execution.”
- Adjusted the amount of ki used for the kusarigama skill “Blade Spin.”
- Adjusted the damage caused by each type of shuriken, kyaku-dama, horoku-dama has been adjusted, and the parameters of their effects.
- Adjusted the damage caused by “Fire Shot,” “Water Shot,” “Lightning Shot,” “Wind Shot,” and “Earth Shot,” and the parameters of their effects.
- Adjusted the damage range of the axe skill “Earth Carver.”
- Adjusted the camera in the London stage.
- Adjusted the values for special effects activated when in a critical condition.
Added the following settings to “Basic Game Settings” in the system menu:
- Enabled on/off function for “Reset Camera When Pressing Lock-On without a Target.”
- Enabled on/off function for “Display Item Level (Not Multiplayer) in Equipment List.”
- “Rarity Color Patterns” allows you to change the text color for each rarity.
Adjusted clan battle rewards:
- Individual rank (clank) rewards have been greatly increased.
- Camp rewards for victories / losses have been decreased.
Adjusted the Crest Protections for the following clans:
- Fixed a bug where some missions would be considered completed even if you fell to your death before finishing them.
- Fixed a bug where the Glory you obtained while playing online was not reflected in The Glory Contributed Counter.
- Fixed a bug where players would be given rewards different from their rank when receiving rewards for individual ranks in clan battles.
- Enemies sent flying into the air by a groundfire trap will no longer fly into the air again after being hit by a follow-up attack.
- Fixed a bug where Mujina would remain the same strength regardless of the mission level.
- Fixed a bug where “Titles Earned” in the gameplay records would not reach 100 percent.
- Fixed a bug where other players could still see your headgear when playing online. Even when it was set not to display.
- Fixed a bug with Sakata Kintoki’s movements.
- Fixed a bug where the player would be launched too high into the air when they were hit by a certain characters’ attacks while falling.
- Fixed a bug where depleting Nobunaga’s ki with backwave would cause him to move in strange ways.
- Fixed a bug where boss characters in certain missions would not appear in the player had their bow drawn.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
So, what do you think about the latest Nioh update? Ready to pick up your sword and clear those new sub-missions? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to DFTG for all the latest gaming news! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2990 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.