NieR Automata: Beautiful 2B Figure Revealed At Wonder Festival 2018
Square Enix’s NieR: Automata released to rave reviews, so it was only natural for the title to spawn tons of both official and unofficial artwork and collectibles featuring our favorite YoRHa unit: 2B. As images from Wonder Festival 2018 begin trickling in, we are introduced to a new 2B figure by FLARE, and officially licensed by Square Enix. Created by legendary artist Mitsumasa Yoshizawa, the prototype of the 2B figure is painted and battle-ready, wielding her iconic weapon of choice. Oddly her Pod is missing, as 2B figures typically are shown with the handy little robots. Check out the gallery below, courtesy of ヒロク アサイ and Yoshizawa himself.
Here’s the full breakdown of NieR: Automata, courtesy of Steam:
Humanity has been driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world. In a final effort to take back the planet, the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy the invaders. Now, a war between machines and androids rages on… A war that could soon unveil a long-forgotten truth of the world.”
- Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between using melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions—combining light and heavy attacks—and switch through an arsenal of weaponry while evading enemies with speed and style.
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game seamlessly joins together hauntingly beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. The environments are rendered in 60fps and contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms.
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customise a loadout that caters to their playstyle.
- Utilise the Pod Support System to Assist In and Outside of Battle – Pods can attack the enemy in both manual and lock-on modes. They can also assist outside of battle, such as allowing the player to glide through the air. Pods can be enhanced throughout the game, with upgrades including new attack methods and variations.
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions.
So, thoughts on the beautiful 2B figure? Plan on picking up one for yourself once it becomes available for purchase? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1990 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.