Newest Overwatch Patch for PC Makes Ultimates More Rare, Amongst Other Things
A few days ago we shared that Blizzard’s Overwatch would be getting a new PTR patch that would bring more significant hero changes than in the past, but we didn’t have the precise details as to what exactly would change. We did know that Symmetra would not be included in this patch just yet because her changes were too significant, but that was about it. Well our questions are now answered by Josh Engen, Community Manager.
He says that they are experimenting with a number of significant hero changes since the length of this PTR gives them the opportunity this time around. They are going to be continuously changing the heroes stats in order to collect the data needed to make some “tough decisions”. Engen continues to calm fans by making it clear that none of these changes are final and that we should continue to leave feedback throughout the test. Here is a list of changes being made to the game:
- Dealing damage to non-players (like like Torbjorn’s turrets or Symmetra’s teleporter), no longer charges ultimate abilities and ultimate costs have been increased by 25% for all heroes.
- D. Va’s mech health increased to 200 (formerly 100). Armor remains at 400 and movement speed while firing has been increased by 25%
- Solider 76’s pulse rifle’s bullet damage increased from 17 to 20 and maximum bullet spread Increased from 2.2 to 2.4
- Ana’s nano boost no longer increases movement speed.
- Mei’s ultimate’s cost has been increased by 15%.
- Lucio’s “amp it up” healing per second has been decreased by 10%.
- Both Zarya’s particle barrier and projected barrier get power gained from barriers decreased by 20%.
- Torbjorn: Scrap is now automatically generated over time. The amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy has been decreased by 40%. His forge hammer’s swing speed increased by 25% and damage decreased by 27%.
- Widowmaker’s venom mine no longer damages the player who set it and widow’s kiss charge rate increased by 20%.
- Pharah’s rocket launcher’s minimum explosion damage has been increased to 25% of rocket’s total damage (formerly 12%) and the minimum explosion knock-back has been decreased to 0% of rocket’s total knock-back (formerly 75%).
- Mercy’s passive health regeneration now kicks in when she avoids taking damage for 1 second (formerly 3 seconds).
These changes are ongoing and new things are happening every day. Josh Engen and Geoff Goodman are keeping everyone updated on Battle.net. All feedback is appreciated and we wouldn’t mind a little feedback ourselves, so let us now down below how you feel about the changes! Don’t Feed The Gamers will keep you all updated on all things Overwatch, so check back often!
Freelancer Spotlight417 Posts
Our Freelancer Spotlight is a way for our community members to be involved and share what they love with the site! From news, reviews, to cosplay features - it's one of the many ways our community can become even more immersive with DFTG.