Latest Valorant Agent Harnesses The Power Of The Cosmos (VIDEO)
Valorant’s latest agent harnesses the power of the cosmos to dupe her opponents and control the battlefield. Astra joins the tactical shooter to disrupt enemies in a swirl of purple and gold. To prepare us for the new agent, Riot Games released a reveal trailer for her which showcases all of her different abilities. Check out the action:
Valorant — Astra Abilities
- Ability 1 – Gravity Well: Place Stars in Astral Form (X). ACTIVATE a Star to form a Gravity Well. Players in the area are pulled toward the center before it explodes, making all players still trapped inside fragile.
- Ability 2 – Nova Pulse: Place Stars in Astral Form (X). ACTIVATE a Star to detonate a Nova Pulse. The Nova Pulse charges briefly then strikes, concussing all players in its area.
- Signature Ability – Nebula: Place Stars in Astral Form (X). ACTIVATE a Star to transform it into a Nebula (smoke).
- Ability 4 – Dissipate: Use (F) on a Star to Dissipate it, returning the star to be placed in a new location after a delay. Dissipate briefly forms a fake Nebula at the Star’s location before returning.
- Ultimate Ability – Astral Form/Cosmic Divide – ACTIVATE to enter Astral Form where you can place Stars with PRIMARY FIRE. Stars can be reactivated later, transforming them into a Nova Pulse, Nebula, or Gravity Well.
Valorant game designer, Jordan Anton, said in a press release: “With Astra we wanted to make a controller that was thinking about the whole map. Her global presence was there right from the beginning. We wanted her skill expression to be about gathering information and turning that into a plan, where the execution phase is less about precisely targeting a grenade throw and more about seeing if your read on the enemy came together how you hoped.”
In other words, she’s a force to be reckoned with. She also happens to have a gauntlet that shares eerie similarities with Thanos’. Either way, Astra lands in Episode 2, Act 2 on March 2nd. Sounds like a good time to jump back into the action.
What do you think of Valorant’s latest agent? Do you already foresee a nerf? What kind of challenges do you think Astra will bring to the game? Let us know what you think in the comment below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Genshin Impact Hu Tao Character Trailer Revealed (VIDEO)
- Monster Hunter RISE PC Port Releasing Next Year
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Sanrio Crossover Content Brings Hello Kitty To The Island
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias.
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.