League Of Legends Reveals New Chain-Wielding Champion ‘Sylas’ (VIDEO)
League of Legends has been making headlines recently thanks in no small part to its record-shattering K-Pop single POP/STARS. Now, on the MOBA’s gameplay side of things, Riot Games has unveiled the latest upcoming champion, Sylas. Known as ‘The Unshackled,’ Sylas is a revolutionary who utilizes his chains to damage his enemies. Riot Games has yet to release a Champion Spotlight for Sylas, though a brief gameplay video can be seen below, followed by a description of his abilities:
Sylas – Champion Abilities
- Passive: Petricite Burst – After casting a spell, Sylas’ next basic attack whirls his chains around him, damaging nearby enemies.
- Q: Chain Lash – Sylas lashes out with his chains, damaging and slightly slowing enemies. After a brief delay, the intersection of the chains detonates, applying an increased slow and damaging enemies again.
- W: Kingslayer – Sylas lunges at a target with a powerful strike, damaging them and healing himself. If the enemy is at low health, the damage is increased; if Sylas is at low health, the heal is increased.
- E: Abscond / Abduct – Sylas dashes a short distance and shields himself. For a short time, he can recast the ability to whip out his chains, stunning, damaging, and pulling himself to the first enemy hit.
- R: Hijack – Sylas hijacks an enemy’s ultimate for his own use. Enemies can still use their ultimates if Sylas takes them. Sylas can take an enemy’s ultimate whenever Hijack is off cooldown, but can’t hijack the same enemy for a while after.
Sylas is expected to hit the League of Legends live servers within the next few weeks. League of Legends is free to play for PC.
So, thoughts on the new League champion? Excited to test him out? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1512 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.