Hades Is Getting A Physical Release For Nintendo Switch (VIDEO)
Today’s lengthy Nintendo Direct was rife with exciting game announcements ranging from the newest Super Smash Bros. Ultimate character, Pyra, to news of the Nintendo Switch re-release of Skyward Sword. One of the reveals that flew just a bit under the radar in comparison was the announcement that indie roguelike darling Hades is getting a physical release for the Nintendo Switch.
As revealed by Nintendo, the massively popular Supergiant Games title Hades is getting a physical release for Nintendo Switch. Good things apparently come to those who wait, as the physical release of the game features some goodies. The box art for the physical version features protagonist Zagreus with his iconic Stygian Blade, and it also comes with a stellar soundtrack for the game by Darren Korb and an art book.
Still not sure what Hades is all about? Here’s the game’s description:
BATTLE OUT OF HELL
- As the immortal Prince of the Underworld, you’ll wield the powers and mythic weapons of Olympus to break free from the clutches of the god of the dead himself, while growing stronger and unraveling more of the story with each unique escape attempt.
UNLEASH THE FURY OF OLYMPUS
- The Olympians have your back! Meet Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, and many more, and choose from their dozens of powerful Boons that enhance your abilities. There are thousands of viable character builds to discover as you go.
BEFRIEND GODS, GHOSTS, AND MONSTERS
- A fully-voiced cast of colorful, larger-than-life characters is waiting to meet you! Grow your relationships with them, and experience thousands of unique story events as you learn about what’s really at stake for this big, dysfunctional family.
BUILT FOR REPLAYABILITY
- New surprises await each time you delve into the ever-shifting Underworld, whose guardian bosses will remember you. Use the powerful Mirror of Night to grow permanently stronger, and give yourself a leg up the next time you run away from home.
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
- Permanent upgrades mean you don’t have to be a god yourself to experience the exciting combat and gripping story. Though, if you happen to be one, crank up the challenge and get ready for some white-knuckle action that will put your well-practiced skills to the test.
SIGNATURE SUPERGIANT STYLE
- The rich, atmospheric presentation and unique melding of gameplay and narrative that’s been core to Supergiant’s games is here in full force: spectacular hand-painted environments and a blood-pumping original score bring the Underworld to life.
The physical version of Hades for Nintendo Switch will be releasing on March 19th, 2021.
So, thoughts on Hades getting a physical release for the Switch? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thanks so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2650 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.