Friday The 13th Nintendo Switch Release Date Announced (VIDEO)
Gun Media held a livestream event for Friday the 13th fans on June 20th, where developers hosted a live gameplay session and can be viewed right here. Furthermore, the good folks over at Gun Media and Illfonic answered a ton of community questions on the game and its future, and that so happens to include an upcoming release on the Nintendo Switch.
Arriving in August, Friday the 13th: the Game heads to the hybrid Nintendo console. Why chill on the computer or home consoles when you could “kill time” on-the-go? Check out their post-stream announcement on Twitter:
In case you missed today’s episode of TALES from the STREAM with @fearthegun, the team played through a match of Friday the 13th: The Game live on Switch!
Get your copy on August 13th, 2019 for $39.99 USD!
— Friday The 13th Game (@Friday13thGame) June 20, 2019
On August 13th, gamers can get their own copy of Friday the 13th: the Game Ultimate Slasher Edition for the Nintendo Switch for $39.99. This edition includes all paid downloadable content. Here’s an overview:
- Jason Part 2 Pickaxe Kill Pack- Experience three all new grab kills for Part 2 Jason Voorhees with his Pickaxe. Kills included are the ‘Curb Stomp,’ ‘Top Popper,’ and ‘Sweep the Leg!’
- Jason Part 4 Pig Splitter Kill Pack- Experience three all new grab kills for Part 4 Jason Voorhees with his Pig Splitter. Three new kills include the ‘Throat Slit,’ ‘Knee capper,’ as well as the ‘Slam and Gut,’ kill.
- Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack- Experience three all new grab kills for Part 7 Jason Voorhees with his Machete. Kills included are the ‘Mother’s Favorite,’ ‘Candy Dispenser,’ and ‘Fish Gut!’
- Spring Break ’84 Clothing Pack- It’s Spring Break at Camp Crystal Lake, and the counselors have decided to break out their trunks and bikinis!
- Halloween Costume Pack- The counselors are dressing up and getting into the holiday spirit for Halloween! Each of the original 10 counselors are showing up to Camp Crystal Lake in their favorite costumes!
- Emote Party Pack 1- Express yourself with dance, confidence or fear with our Emote Pack One. Each counselor at Camp Crystal Lake will now have access to 10 new emotes with a variety of feelings and expressions!
- Includes all previously released DLC* and Retail Disc Exclusive Content on the cart:Ten Single Player Challenges where you play as Jason, Offline matches with AI Bots, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins, additional kills for Jason, the complete Virtual Cabin experience, Physical Edition Exclusive Bloody Jason Skins and clothing packs and much more!
- 1v7 Multiplayer: With maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise; play online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. The choice is yours!
- Unlock and Customize: Level up and unlock new playable Counselors or Jason models; spend hard-earned CP (customization points) on new kills for Jason or game-changing Perks for your Camp Counselors; even unlock new ’80s inspired clothing to show off during matches! Friday the 13th: The Game has tons of content waiting to be discovered!
- Killer Variety: Play as various incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in the films. Each Jason has been hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills! Fans of the movies will be able to unlock and play as Jason’s from parts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9!
- Authentic to the Franchise: The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 ,and 9).
- Limited Edition Poster: An 11×17 Friday the 13th: The Game limited edition poster exclusive to the Switch version.
What do you think about a game like Friday the 13th launching on the Nintendo Switch? Do you believe it’ll be worthwhile to purchase on another platform or are you looking forward to a new game from Gun Media and Illfonic? Let us know what you’ll deep dive into first in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Dead By Daylight Is Coming To Mobile Devices (VIDEO)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Screenshots Reveal A New Side Of Midgar
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Robot Ride-Sharing, Self-Driving Cars
Friday the 13th: The Game is available to play on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. It heads to Nintendo Switch on August 13th.
Hoi Duong1670 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.