Fortnite: New Game Mode Brings Back 50v50, But With A Twist
Epic Games has released a new update for their massively popular game, which has brought many new goodies for players to enjoy. The Heavy Sniper Rifle has finally arrived, and the developer even brought back Sniper Shootout just so fans can go to town with the new weapon of serious destruction. That said, they also included another game mode for Fortnite Battle Royale that puts a twist on the popular 50v50 mode.
‘Soaring 50’s’ is kind of like how it sounds. Two teams of 50 face off against one another, but now with a plethora of, well… soaring. Gliders can be re-deployed if jumping from a high enough position, and Impulse Grenades will be in abundance. All for the purpose of getting to or flying away from the action. Check out all of the glorious details below:
LIMITED TIME MODE: SOARING 50’S
This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map. Jump in and soar to new heights!
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
It certainly seems like a fun time is to be had in the new Fortnite game mode, and it’s partly due to these kinds of tweaks that the title is continuing to see such a massive amount of success. As for everything that is new in the game, the most recent patch notes can be found right here.
Fortnite is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, Android, and iOS. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fan Theory Suggests A Story Mode To Save Luigi’s Soul
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time Gets A New Metal Cover (VIDEO)
- World of Warcraft’s ‘Battle for Azeroth’ Expansion Now Live, Servers Can’t Even Handle the Horde Right Now
What say you, gamers? Do you think Soaring 50’s will surpass 50v50 in popularity? Still itching to get your hands on that beautiful new sniper? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1509 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.