Final Fantasy XV’s ‘Verse 2’ Update is Live – Trailer Features More Gladio Combat (VIDEO)
Square Enix has released updates 1.06 and 1.07 for Final Fantasy XV. The former arrives a day earlier than anticipated, as previously the update, which was created to help reduce the stress induced on the player throughout Chapter 13, was scheduled to arrive at the same time as Episode Gladiolus. The update itself is a pretty big one. First and foremost, update 1.06 introduces Chapter 13 ‘Verse 2’, which is an alternate route though the locations of Chapter 13 featuring Gladiolus and Ignis. The gameplay will be similar to that seen in the gameplay video for tomorrow’s upcoming Episode Gladiolus DLC.
The Verse 2 update also includes a significant power spike to Noctis’ Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death). This in itself should make the gameplay twist featured in Chapter 13 much more bearable. The newly beefed up spell effects can be shown in the Verse 2 update trailer below, along with a sneak peek of what Gladio and Ignis are up to while Noctis explores the Imperial Capital, Gralea.
The update also includes several bug fixes, as well as adding in compatibility with tomorrow’s Episode Gladiolus DLC. The full update notes, posted by Gematsu, can be seen below.
Final Fantasy 1.06 and 1.07 Updates:
- Various bug fixes
- Addition of Chapter 13, Verse 2 (alternate route featuring Gladiolus)
- Enhancement of Arcana spells (Alterna, Holy, Death)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from first photo contest (viewable at Takka’s Pit Stop in Hammerhead)
- Temporary conclusion of Timed Quests (will resume at a later date)
- Addition of two pieces from “Episode Gladiolus” downloadable content to music player tracklist
- Addition of compatibility with “Episode Gladiolus” downloadable content
- Various gameplay enhancements
- Various bug fixes
- Updated saves will not work on former versions of the game
Final Fantasy XV is currently available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game’s first additional story DLC, Episode Gladiolus, arrives on March 28.
So, what do you think about the new trailer? Does it make you want to run through Chapter 13 again? Are you excited for tomorrow’s release of Episode Gladiolus? Let us know in the comments below, and as always, stay tuned to DFTG for all the latest Final Fantasy news! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1556 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.