Dead by Daylight Adds New Ways Players Can Get Banned – Introduces New Softban System
The developers of Dead by Daylight has revealed that they are adding new ways players can get banned in the game including the introduction of a new softban system that targets griefers, exploitation, and general misconduct. There have been series of complaints from the community and the team are slamming down that ban hammer with “heavily armed Community [of] Moderators” at the ready. With a completely updated reporting system put into place, the aim is to punish those who make the game a nightmare for those looking to actually enjoy it. Here’s all you need to know right below:
Permanent Ban Offenses
- Achievement hacks: using 3rd party software to tamper with Dead by Daylight achievements in any way. Unlocking, locking, clearing them off – all of this is prohibited.
- Hacking in-game exclusives/Legacy skins: acquiring any kind of in-game skin a player isn’t supposed to have.
Legacy cutoff happened on November 24th, 2016. If player has received Legacy skins anytime after that, it is considered hacking (3rd party software/expanding Legacy cutoff time/loading up a savefile, etc.)
Video of this person in a hacked skin (and you opening the profile to ensure it’s theirs) is mandatory.
- Botting: killer spawns and stays at one place, hitting air the whole time. He doesn’t move or change the hit pattern even if gates are opened and some of the Survivors are already gone. Video of the match (showing the tally screen is crucial) is mandatory.
- Hacked progress: using 3rd party software or any other way to hack amount of BP in the game. Or loading up any savefile except from your own backup (any savefile – from previously banned account, from a friend, your savefile from BETA, etc.)
- Other hacks: using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. Heavy proof and a video recording is mandatory.
Please note, that after 3 permanent bans you will be Hardware Banned.
If you wish to appeal your permanent ban, please contact support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary Ban Offenses
- Harassment: Communication Abuse: insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
Multiplatform harassment (Steam/Twitter/Facebook, Twitch etc.) – These are exceptional cases, if you go all the way to do this, you will be banned for 48 hours right away, skipping the 24 hours ban.
- Griefing: intentional gameplay abuse
Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
Holding the game hostage
- Exploits: abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage
Showing exploits on stream / advertising exploits in any form
Exploit bugs, errors in design or undocumented features to gain access to what would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage
- Unsportsmanlike conduct: disconnects and/or Rage quitting – no report needed. We’re using our backend analytics to flag and ban players who are constantly disconnecting/leaving the game.
Of course, temporary bans escalate with frequency of occurrence. The more you troll or break the rules especially with the new softban system in place, players may see themselves out the door permanently. The first violation will result in 24 hours , the next 48, and the third one lasts a week. If players pass that point, then they have passed the point of no return. Unfortunately, there are no appeals available for these occasions, which can be a problematic ordeal if a situation was actually beyond that player’s control or simply wasn’t their fault.
See yourself utilizing these improved rules for the community? Here’s how the new reporting system works: you’ll need a link to the “offender’s Steam profile” and, if they have a custom URL, this link can be used to extract it. A video recording is required to prove any violations unless it can be proved otherwise. For example, their Steam profile is all that’s needed to report achievement hacks. Likewise, harassment situations can be proven with attached screenshots.
So, friends, what are your thoughts on Dead by Daylight’s new softban system and attempt to reconcile the toxic players out there? Or do you think the new softban system will be a bust? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers official Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming news as they happen, follow us on Twitter!
Hoi Duong512 Posts
Hoi is an Editor and Writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Her favorite past-times include chillin' in The Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.