Command & Conquer Remastered Gets A New Gameplay Trailer (VIDEO)
While Command & Conquer fans have been enjoying the release of the remastered version of the title since its launch earlier this month, today’s EA Play event saw fit to release a new gameplay trailer celebrating the title in all its glory. Now available on Steam & Origin, Command & Conquer Remastered brings an impressive collection to both platforms for the decent price of $19.99. Here’s the trailer that was released today:
Kicking off at 14:20 into the EA Play Live presentation, the video goes over some of the impressive features fans can sink their teeth into thanks to the remaster. For those that aren’t familiar with it yet, here’s the breakdown of all the features available through the remastered collection:
“Command & Conquer and Red Alert defined the RTS genre 25 years ago and are now both fully remastered in 4K by the former Westwood Studios team members at Petroglyph Games. Includes all 3 expansion packs, rebuilt multiplayer, a modernized UI, Map Editor, bonus gallery of unreleased FMV footage, and over 7 hours of legendary remastered music by Frank Klepacki. Welcome back, Commander.”
- Graphics Switching — Switch in real-time between legacy and remastered 4K graphics when in solo play.
- Bonus Gallery — Contains over 4 hours of B-roll footage, making-of photos, and unreleased music tracks.
- Music — Enjoy over 7 hours of remastered music, including 20 music tracks re-recorded live by original composer Frank Klepacki and the Tiberian Sons.
- Mod Support — Create, share, and play mods with the Steam Workshop.
- Cinematics — Immerse yourself in hours of upscaled full-motion video cinematic footage.
- Enhanced Sidebar UI — The fully redesigned Sidebar UI embraces a modern approach with less scrolling.
- Jukebox — Customize your entire soundtrack via an enhanced Jukebox with playlist support.
- Custom Game Lobbies — Host and join custom game lobbies to set game rules, teams, and maps.
- Rise Through the Ranks — Go head to head in 1v1 Quickmatches, and fight your way to the top of the Leaderboard.
- See All the Action — Don’t miss a minute of combat with Replays and Observer mode.
- From Console to PC — Experience the original console missions now on PC.
- Console Cinematics — Watch the original console cinematic videos now on PC, featuring community favorite General Carville.
- Maps — Take control of the terrain with the Map Editor, available on both Origin and Steam versions.
- Mission Selection — Track your campaign progress on the new Mission Selection Screen.
- Camera Zoom — Zoom the camera between the legacy DOS and Gold distances for a better look at the battlefield.
- Skirmish Mode — Take on the AI — with controllable difficulty settings — in Skirmish mode, new for Tiberian Dawn.
- Customizable Hotkeys — In-game Hotkey customization, now with support for the new Sidebar UI.
- EVA — Your battle interface sounds better than ever! The original voice-over actress, Kia Huntzinger, reprised her role as EVA and re-recorded her lines in high definition for Tiberian Dawn.
- Control Improvements — Enjoy updated mouse controls, camera movement, unit queueing, and selection improvements.
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection is now available on Steam & Origin.
So, thoughts on the remaster? Plan on picking it up on PC? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2722 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.