SoulCalibur VI Is Getting The Witcher’s Geralt, Watch The Trailer Here (VIDEO)
One of the rumors over the past few weeks, and there have been plenty, has been that The Witcher’s Geralt of Rivia would be coming to SoulCalibur VI when it drops later this year. No official word had come to light until today, when Bandai Namco and CD Projekt RED both announced the huge crossover that is sure to please fans.
Many of you may remember when CDPR teased players with an ominous tweet, alluding to the idea of Geralt arriving in another title, despite The Witcher ending. This, of course, only tossed an entire truck of fuel onto the flames, sending speculation soaring into the sky. Games like the recently announced Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch were tossed around, but it kept coming back to SoulCalibur VI. Well, it looks like the wishes of fans have come true. Not only do we now know The Witcher’s Geralt is heading to the upcoming title, we also got a pretty sweet trailer! Check it out below:
Fans needn’t worry, however, as Doug Cockle, the voice of The Witcher‘s Geralt, will be returning once more to provide his talents for the next entry into the SoulCalibur franchise. It’s not another Witcher installment, but we’re sure players will be pumped to see Geralt in a video game once again. For more about SoulCalibur VI, here is what’s to come:
SoulCalibur VI represents the latest entry in the premier weapons-based, head-to-head fighting series and continues the epic struggle of warriors searching for the legendary Soul Swords. Taking place in the 16th century, revisit the events of the original SoulCalibur to uncover hidden truths. The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world, with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. SoulCalibur VI tunes the battle, movement, and visual systems so players can execute visceral and dynamic attacks with ease. SoulCalibur VI marks a new era of the historic franchise and its legendary struggle between the mighty Soul Swords!
- Unreal Engine – For the first time in franchise history, beautiful and jaw-dropping 3D character models, visual effects and stages rendered in Unreal Engine.
- New Battle Mechanics – Read opponents’ attacks to execute a strategic Reversal Edge to land a counter attack while in guard.
- Multiple Fighting Styles – Choose from a worldly roster of warriors, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and visual flare.
- Dynamic Battles – Spectacular, high-speed battles featuring all-new battle mechanics taking gameplay to the next level.
SoulCalibur VI has no concrete release date, but it’s expected to arrive later this year for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- Twitch Prime Giving Away Free Games Every Month, First Titles Available Now
- A Fortnite Mobile Clone Is Already Available – That Was Quick (VIDEO)
- Lightsabers Meet Smooth Jams With New ‘Beat Saber’ PSVR Game (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you excited that we’ll get to enjoy The Witcher‘s Geralt in the upcoming SoulCalibur VI? What other crossovers do you believe Bandai Namco has planned for the game? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2151 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.