ScourgeBringer Gets An Epic New Trailer, Official Release Date (VIDEO)
Gamescom 2020 brought with it loads of updates on games from both third party studios and indie developers. One such update from the latter was for ScourgeBringer, an epic 2D action game from the folks over at Flying Oak Games. During Gamescom 2020, ScourgeBringer received an impressive new trailer showing off some of the title’s playable areas, while also revealing the game’s official release date.
For those unaware, ScourgeBringer puts players in the shoes of Kyhra, the deadliest warrior of her clan. Kyhra is tasked with exploring the unknown and battling her way through ancient machines in order to uncover her past. Towards the end of the trailer, it’s revealed that ScourgeBringer will be releasing on October 21st. Check out the trailer below:
Here’s some of the breakdown of ScourgeBringer courtesy of the developer:
“We don’t know where it came from, and why it started to spread the Scourge across our lands. The countless deaths it brought is our new reality. No one has ever returned from its depths. Go forth my child, may you accomplish the impossible task of repelling this ordeal. Such is the way of our clan.”
- Get the raw feel of a metroidvania through a fast paced rogue-lite.
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls.
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only.
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…).
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge.
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon.
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets.
ScourgeBringer is slated to release on October 21st for Nintendo Switch, PC, and Xbox One.
So, thoughts on the new trailer? Plan on checking the game out? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thanks so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2573 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.