Rainbow Six Siege Deploys Numerous Bug Fixes, Full Patch Notes
The team-based tactical shooter Rainbow Six Siege has been in the midst of implementing numerous refinements over the last few months, many of which aim to combat cheaters and toxic behavior. The latest patch has now brought this amending focus to gameplay, this time taking out a myriad of the game’s lingering bugs and instabilities.
Going live this past week, the Y3S3.1.2 patch addresses quite a few issues plaguing the game lately such as misaligned reticles, an invisibility glitch, and players getting stuck inside objects. Other welcome fixes include several other instances of clipping, a few distinct latency problems, and various minor inconsistencies with map, weapon, and item behavior.
Most notably repaired was a lingering exploit with deployable shields, which will no longer be able to block other players from vaulting through a window. Attempting to do so will now place the strategic barrier slightly aside, leaving just enough room for players to complete the jump.
This round of extensive bug fixes for Rainbow Six Siege is all in preparation for a number of back-end changes, which are expected to arrive at a later date. Also being saved for the future are a series of balancing changes to Operators, the update currently “undergoing testing” on the game’s Technical Test Server. The Y3S3.1.2 patch is currently live for PC, but console versions are expected to be implemented by the end of October. Full patch notes can be viewed below.
This maintenance is for PC only today. The console patch will come at the end of the month along with the Y3S3.2 patch.
— Rainbow Six Siege (@Rainbow6Game) October 18, 2018
Rainbow Six Siege Y3S3.1.2 Patch Notes
- Fixed – Deployable shields placed perpendicular to a window prevent vaulting.
- Fixed – The operator is invisible when players load into game.
- Fixed – Pistols have their reticle misaligned with the center of the screen while shooting.
- Fixed – No toggle for Montagne and Pulse special abilities (now comes with toggle).
- Fixed – Cannot access Bulletproof Camera by pressing the secondary gadget button while prone.
- Fixed – While prone, using melee and standing up will switch the knife animation to shield.
- Fixed – The Stun Grenade VFX can be cancelled under certain conditions.
- Fixed – The squad leader remains alone in a match after one squad member leaves when the leader starts the match.
- Fixed – Latency, micro stutters and graphical issues after playing multiple matches and maps in the same Custom game session.
- Fixed – End of round timer does not stop when initiating the defuser plant at the last moment.
- Fixed – Valkyrie Black Eye can see through the ceiling when placed on in a spot on 2F Bank.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Tellers Office allows Valkyrie’s Black Eye to see the corridor and staircase.
- Fixed – Spot in 1F Archives allows throwable gadgets to reach 2F Skylight Stairwell.
- Fixed – Attacker drones can see through the ceiling underneath 1F Lobby and Bar.
- Fixed – Drone has no collision with the terrace edge from West Front Yard.
- Fixed – Ranked Match Action phase lasts for 4 minutes on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Equipping a shield drops the fps by 10–20 on Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Unstable FPS in Hereford Base.
- Fixed – Maestro’s gadget is vulnerable by breaking cosmetic destruction, Small pinstripe carpets across the map.
- Fixed – Players can hide under a desk in 1F Prep Area.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wall and the ammo box in 1F Garage.
- Fixed – Defuser cannot be picked up after being dropped between the wooden planks located in EXT Barnyard.
- Fixed – Thatcher’s EMP grenade does not turn off the faux volumetric glow from the ceiling lights in EXT Barn.
- Fixed – Small gap in 2F bathroom ceiling on Hereford base rework.
- Fixed – Players can clip inside a wall using a deployable shield at 2F Workshop.
- Fixed – Players cannot pick up armor plates if the armor bag is deployed on a kettle in 3F Cigar Lounge.
- Fixed – Operators can get stuck inside a pile of boxes in 1F Office.
- Fixed – Player can vault inside the washing machine on Oregon.
- Fixed – If Buck mounts Tachanka’s LMG Turret with the Skeleton Key on and leaves it, no interaction can be made with the turret afterwards.
- Fixed – Clash can instantly go into ADS with her secondary after un–equipping her shield.
- Fixed – Clash is not able to use Observation Tools while her CCE shield is extended.
- Fixed – Instead of disappearing when Echo’s Yokai hover drone is disabled, the “Jump” button appears greyed out.
- Fixed – If a disabled Yokai hover drone is picked up and re–deployed, it will still be in the disabled state when redeployed.
- Fixed – Finka’s Spear308’s damage falloff over distance is too high.
- Fixed – Maverick’s blowtorch makes no sound on the first use on a wall.
- Fixed – Blowtorch SFX persists after Maverick is killed while using it.
- Fixed – Black Mirror can be destroyed from the other side of a reinforced wall.
- Fixed – Mira can place her Mirror under another destroyed Black Mirror.
Rainbow Six Siege MINOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed – Clipping issue on Lion’s uniforms.
- Fixed – Hibana’s face appears washed off when equipped with the Yurei headgear.
- Fixed – Holding down both gadget buttons and releasing them in a certain order switches away from Pulse’s Cardiac Sensor.
- Fixed – The Chalkboard uniform for Hibana does not appear properly while in First Person.
- Fixed – Blitz’s arm is delayed when leaning, causing clipping issues with shield.
- Fixed – The observation tool icon is missing from the select spawn location screen for attackers in preparation phase in Ranked.
- Fixed – A second “Gold Lion Chibi” will float next to the weapon it is attached to.
- Fixed – Equipping a country flag charm on the SPSMG9 will also apply on Clash’s CCE shield.
- Fixed – Chibi charms are not properly placed on Clash’s CCE Shield in load out.
- Fixed – Multiple charms are clipping through Blitz’s and Clash’s shields.
- Fixed – Charms equipped on Clash’s shield are not visible in 3rd person view.
PICK AND BAN
- Fixed – When Joining in Progress during a ban reveal, players will always see the blue smoke.
- Fixed – Joining in Progress with previously selected operator does not update teammates blocked operators.
- Fixed – During the ready screen, the sizes of the operator’s cards are not consistent.
- Fixed – The “Change floor” button is missing in the tactical map.
- Fixed – The bullet point that indicates the currently voted OP disappears after changing display mode.
Rainbow Six Siege is now available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
What do you think? Are you happy to have all these bug addressed in Rainbow Six Siege, or are you upset the window shield exploit is being patched out? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more of the latest headlines featured from DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall1596 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.