PlayStation Plus June 2021 Free Games Revealed (VIDEO)
As is the case every 30 or so days, PlayStation is set to give away a new batch of games for members of PlayStation Plus. Ranging from popular blockbusters to fan-favorite indies, Sony has made multiple new titles available each and every month for as long as a users’ membership is active. With a new month nearly upon us, the next free games for PlayStation Plus June 2021 have been officially unveiled.
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) May 26, 2021
As detailed in a recent post on the PlayStation Blog, three big games are set to be available starting on June 1st. For PlayStation 5, players have the covert co-op spy adventure Operation: Tango to look forward to, while the VR-adjacent space dogfighting sim Star Wars: Squadrons and remastered fighting experience Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown fill out the PlayStation 4 side of things.
PlayStation Plus June 2021 Free Games
- Operation: Tango (PS5)
- Team up to save the world in this cooperative spy adventure, challenging you and a friend to join up online to complete dangerous missions across the globe in a high-tech near-future world. Combine skill sets from different points of view – playing either Hacker or Agent – to overcome asymmetrical challenges, working in tandem with only your voice to link you. Teamwork is crucial, and communication is key! Note: Operation: Tango requires both players to have access to a working microphone.
- Star Wars: Squadrons (PS4)
- Master the art of starfighter combat in frenetic multiplayer space dogfights, and learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling Star Wars single-player story set after the events of Return of the Jedi and seen from alternating perspectives of two factions. The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. Take control of iconic craft such as the X-wing and TIE fighter, customize loadouts and cosmetics, divert power between weapons, shields and engines while immersing yourself in the cockpit. You’ll also have the option to play the entirety of the game in virtual reality on PS VR!
- Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown (PS4)
- Sega’s iconic one-on-one battler gets a feature-rich remaster, overseen by Yakuza and Judgment developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. Debuting on PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, both Virtua Fighter veterans and newcomers will be able to test all-new online modes such as ranked matches, tournaments and leagues, while enjoying overhauled visuals and redesigned UI. There’s no better way to enjoy this groundbreaking fighting series.
While all these new PlayStation Plus June 2021 freebies are set to become available on June 1st, not every monthly offer will expire at the same time. Operation: Tango and Star Wars: Squadrons are both confirmed to stay free for Plus members until July 5th, while Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown doubles up its presence, extending well into the next month on August 2nd. Until these new freebies go live, last month’s Plus games are still available until May 31st.
What do you think? Are you excited for the new PlayStation Plus June 2021 free games, or do you feel that another game could have easily been added to the list? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more freebie headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- The Riftbreaker Hits Xbox Game Pass On Day One (VIDEO)
- All Nintendo Switch Online SNES Games Confirmed So Far (UPDATED)
- PlayStation Play At Home Continues With Free In-Game Content
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2351 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.