New Update Now Available For Animal Crossing – New Leaf
Nintendo Direct announced on Twitch this morning that a new Animal Crossing update is now available and loaded with new features, games, and characters! This all comes with compatibility with many of the Amiibo characters already available and more on the way.
The new update for Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo has a lot of new and interesting features that will be sure to add a lot of fun and excitement to the games already expansive world!
According to the video, and the Nintendo Support site, the following features are expected:
- New Campground area in town featuring RV’s and a place to interact with special NPC Animal Crossing amiibo figures.
- All existing figures and cards now compatible with the game.
- 50 new Welcome amiibo cards will be available for purchase on December 2nd.
- Tap a Welcome amiibo card to invite the character to visit your campground. All 400 existing cards work with the game but only in town. All villagers can be invited to move in.
- Non-Animal-Crossing amiibo figures can give unique items in the campground.
- Features Splatoon and Legend of Zelda RV, Characters, items and outfits! (among others)
- All 16 Animal Crossing amiibo figures will feature items in their RVs that can be purchased to unlock two mini games “Desert Island Escape”, and “Animal Crossing Puzzle League”
- Link Happy Home Designer save data to access 20 giant furniture items through the catalog system.
- Tom Nook will now offer to purchase your old town if you decide to start a new one. This will allow players to start a new town with some extra bells in their pocket!
- Secret Store Room for placing items that can be accessed anywhere.
- Can organize furniture with the touch screen when you have the Secret Store Room.
- Wisp is back, granting a wish a day and can turn into the amiibo you choose. The character will appear in the campground where you can visit their RV and interact with them.
- Obtain items unavailable in tow from the Campground.
- Amiibo camera feature allows you to add amiibos to your photos.
- Pass card update now earns new currency. “MEOW coupons” that players can redeem from a “cat machine” and use to purchase items in the campground.
- “Turn Off Chat” feature in Club Tortimer
- Available for Wii U, 3DS XL, 3DS, and 2DS
Also teased in the video was the new Legend of Zelda game “Breath of the Wild”, with special items that can be purchased in the campground!
Welcome amiibo is loaded with new features that will surely make take the game to a new level of fun! The update is already available for download from the Nintendo eShop!
Are you excited for the new update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Charles Douglas734 Posts
Deep in the mountains of the south west lives a man who writes game editorials, makes YouTube Videos, and is an overall mega nerd. An avid believer in Unicorns, and your new all star line backer, Number 34, CHARLES DOUGLAAAAAAASSSS!!!!