New Minecraft Update Adds New Ore That’s Tougher Than Diamonds
Dubbed the “Nether Update,” the first snapshot for Minecraft 1.16 has arrived, bringing with it a brand new ore with toughness and durability higher than diamonds called Netherite. In addition to that, the sizable new update also contains new biomes, blocks, plus a variety of other additions and changes to make the game more fun.
As for what Netherite is and how to go about crafting it, we’ve listed everything you need to know before diving back into Minecraft below:
- A new high-level material found in the Nether. Use it to upgrade your diamond gear!
How to Make Netherite
- Mine Ancient Debris in the lower depths of the Nether. At own risk. No insurance coverage for that
- Refine it into Netherite Scrap in a Furnace (although that’s kind of slow so you might want a Blast Furnace)
- Combine 4 Nether Scrap with 4 Gold Ingots in a crafting table to make a Netherite Ingot
- Netherite items float in lava so you don’t lose all your gear after that unplanned lava bath
- Netherite items have higher enchantment value than diamond (but not as high as gold)
- Netherite tools work faster and last longer than diamond
- Netherite weapons do more damage than diamond
- Netherite armor have higher toughness and durability than diamond
- Netherite armor gives you knockback resistance, so you barely get knocked back at all when hit by arrows and such
In terms of what the rest of the Minecraft Nether Update holds, the full patch notes can be seen here. Just to save you some time, here are the main features:
Other Features of Minecraft Nether Update
- Added new Nether blocks!
- Knockback resistance is now a scale instead of a probability
- Added Crimson Forest biome to the Nether
- Added Hoglins – they don’t do much yet, but they have cute flappy ears!
- Patrols no longer spawn when the player is close to any village
- Added Netherite!
- Added Soulsand Valley biome to the Nether
- Walls do not have gaps anymore when stacked vertically
- Added Warped Forest biome to the Nether
What do you think about the latest Minecraft update? What are you most excited about – the new Nether ore, additional biomes, or the Hoglins? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong2106 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.