New Friday the 13th Patch Addresses Xbox One Matchmaking Issues – Full Patch Notes Here
Horror icon Jason made his terrifying return this last week in Friday the 13th: The Game, a team-based survival horror game by IllFonic and Gun Media. The multiplayer experience allows players to either assume the role of camp counselors on the run from the unstoppable Jason or hunt down the Camp Crystal Lake employees as the masked murderer himself. As with seemingly most games these days, Friday the 13th: The Game launched with numerous glitches across all versions of the horror title, a portion of which were repaired with a day-one patch. Xbox One was unfortunately left out of that initial Friday the 13th patch, but that injustice has since been rectified in the form of a brand new update.
One of the biggest parts of the new patch is the its amendments to Xbox One’s multiplayer matchmaking feature. According to official fix notes, connections to new players should now be established more quickly than before, reducing frustratingly long wait times. This is a result of IllFonic rolling out a more “robust” matchmaking system that aims to support a higher number of players. The developer went on to add that the recent Friday the 13th patch would only be the beginning, teasing a much more substantial update in the future that would speed up matchmaking even further.
Other minor improvements added to the game include crash repairs, camera and physics fixes, and a few spiffy visual updates. Full patch notes can be read below. It’s currently anybody’s guess if Friday the 13th: The Game will ever be free of major bugs, but things should turn around for the game if IllFonic continues to offer this amount of support. What do you think of the Friday the 13th patch? Let us know in the comments and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for 24/7 gaming and entertainment news.
Friday the 13th Patch Notes
- New intro cinematics for Tommy Jarvis spawn, Game Intro, and Game Outro.
- Fixed crash for VoIP that would during gameplay
- Fix for out of memory crash with a bug in the texture system bloating out textures after playing a couple of rounds.
- Fixed getting stuck when interactive with drawers.
- Fixed getting stuck when climbing through windows
- Fixed camera getting stuck when interactive with doors, windows and drawers.
- Fixed Jason getting stuck in a chop loop when breaking down doors.
- Fixed Jason getting off aligned when breaking down doors. He will no longer keep popping back in a new position.
- Fixed environment and grab kills being off.
- Fixed environment and grab kill jittering.
- Made knife pickup grab animations more accurate.
- Fixed some knife pickups from not working.
- Fixed the shotgun and flare gun sometimes not firing.
- Fixed weapon swapping from floating.
- Fixed firecrackers going through the world
- Fixed physics on car. No longer can a group of counselors push it around.
- Fixed getting in and out of a car where animations would get off sync.
- Fixed players standing up in the car.
- Fixed pocket knife not working when getting pulled out of the car.
- Fixed more than one player being able to get into the driver’s seat at the same time.
- Fixed physics on boat. No longer can a group of counselors push it around.
- Fixed getting in and out of a boat where animations would get off sync.
- Fixed players standing up in the boat.
- Fixed more than one player being able to get into the boat driver’s seat at the same time.
- Fixed HUD getting stuck when getting in and out of armoire.
- Fixed blood getting stuck on screen when dying.
- Fixed blood getting stuck on screen when coming back as Tommy Jarvis.
- Fixed repair mini game getting stuck on screen when getting hit with a weapon while doing the mini-game.
- Fixed exploit where users were able to go into combat stance and then sprint sliding around the character but not burning any stamina.
- Fixed Jason sliding around when getting stunned.
- Fixed counselors sliding around when playing the falling animation.
- Fixed Jason grabbing someone out of a car and them becoming a ghost.-
- Fixed driving the car getting out of sync with the server / host then teleporting the player back to where they got into a car.
- Made session invitations a lot more reliable.
- Fixed crash where you would exit a match and then start a new Private Match.
- Added movable hair to the female characters.
- Optimized all maps to have a nice performance increase on Xbox One when action gets intense.
- Did a warmer lighting pass to increase visual quality.
- Fixed crash when getting grabbed by Jason.
Eric Hall2280 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.