Moonlighter Release Date Announced For PC, PS4, And Xbox One (VIDEO)
Moonlighter is an upcoming title from Developer Digital Sun Games and publisher 11 Bit Studios, which was announced early last year. The teams have been sharing information about the game throughout the process, but now they are proud to announce the official release date for PS4, Xbox One, and PC version of the title. Moonlighter is also scheduled to release to the Nintendo Switch, but a date has not been provided for that version yet:
May 29th is not too far away for those that are excited to take part in this upcoming exciting action-rpg/shopkeeping simulator. Fans will follow along on the adventures of a shop clerk who will go from the person selling the goods required to clear out a dungeon, to utilizing those items on their secret dream of becoming a hero.
For those interested in the title, check out the official description and key feature list below for Moonlighter:
“During an archeological excavation – a set of Gates were discovered. People quickly realized that these ancient passages lead to different realms and dimensions. Rynoka, a small commercial village, was found near the excavation site – providing brave and reckless adventurers with treasures beyond measure.
Moonlighter is an action RPG with rogue-lite elements that demonstrates two sides of the coin – revealing everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that secretly dreams of becoming a hero.”
- Shopkeeping – While conducting your business in Rynoka village, you can put items on sale, set their price carefully, manage gold reserves, recruit assistants and upgrade the shop. Be careful though – some shady individuals may want to steal your precious wares!
- Meet Villagers – Getting to know Rynoka’s residents and understanding needs of customers is crucial. Some folks may have special quests for you, requesting rare items and offering handsome rewards in return.
- Craft & Enchant – Crafting and enchanting system is essential for the your progression. Interacting with the villagers is the way to craft new armors, weapons and enchant existing equipment. This creates a great deal of flexibility and spices up the way the equipment is used.
- Get the Loot – While visiting other worlds, collect valuable resources, weapons, armors, treasures and peculiar artifacts. Then, manage acquired loot using unique inventory-based abilities.
- Fight with Style – Defeating various enemies and bosses, revel in the challenging and deep combat mechanics. The depth of combat depends on the interactions between weapons, abilities, enemies and secondary effects of items. Feel comfortable developing your own battling style.
- Open the Gates – Gates lead to different worlds. Each run is unique and forces you to take some smart decisions. You never know what you will encounter next – that’s why you have to be prepared for everything.
What do think of everything you saw from Moonlighter? What type of experiences are you hoping to occur in the game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert608 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.