Jump Force Debuts Hunter X Hunter, One Piece, And Dragon Ball Fighters (VIDEO)
In the midst of a word-ending catastrophe, the punchiest fighters from the pages of Shonen Jump are assembling a mighty alliance for the upcoming title Jump Force. Bandai Namco has doled out the game’s base roster over the last few weeks, with included fighters from Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece providing endless opportunity for epic anime battles. News of another wave of contenders was unveiled just last week, but Gamescom has revealed the first look at the characters in an action-packed trailer.
A total of six new entrants are filling out the character count, adding Gon and Hisoka from Hunter X Hunter, Sanji, Sabo, and Blackbeard from One Piece, and Vegeta from the Dragon Ball series. Not only have we been presented with the exciting news of these popular characters’ inclusion, but a new trailer has issued a peek at a few of their explosive moves on the debuting Planet Namek stage. Check it out below.
An Avengers-style crossover of this manga-tude is undeniably cool, and the likelihood of even more fighters entering the roster only further cements Jump Force as a game to watch in the future. When that could be is still up in the air, but we can expect a release for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One sometime in 2019. Full descriptions of debuting characters and the new Namek stage can be read below:
- Gon is a young boy with a pure heart. He’ll put his friends first above all and will face up to any opponent if for the greater good. Hisoka is his opposite. Underneath his jovial exterior lies a sociopathic fighter that finds pleasure only in killing.
- Sanji is the cook of One Piece’s Straw Hat Crew, but don’t let this deceive you. For Sanji is one of the strongest fighters, willing to face anyone to protect his comrades. Sabo is like a brother to Luffy, fighting alongside him in battle. He has total control over fire and can use this immense skill in battle. Blackbeard is one of the fiercest and most despicable characters of One Piece. He is the only known user of two different Devil Fruits, allowing him to create earthquakes and manipulate the darkness itself.
- And no game featuring Dragon Ball Z characters would be complete without Vegeta. Once a mortal enemy of Goku, he now fights alongside him to protect earth.
- Also revealed today is the Namek stage. From the Dragon Ball Z universe, Namek is the planet where the infamous battle against Frieza took place. Namek has three suns, so is in a state of permanent daylight. In JUMP FORCE, the planet Namek also features the mysterious appearance of a certain green statue…
What do you think? Does Jump Force have huge potential to be an awesome game, or will that possibility not exist without the necessary inclusion of One-Punch Man? Let s now in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more featured from the realm of anime/manga, check out these next few news stories:
- Dragon Ball Super Broly Headed To ‘Dokkan Battle’ (VIDEO)
- Star Wars Resistance Trailer Arrives (VIDEO)
- Goku Voice Actor Answers ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ Rumor
Eric Hall2282 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.