Horizon Zero Dawn Devs are Implementing New Photo Mode Features And More For Next Week’s Patch
The Horizon Zero Dawn devs are at it again, bringing fans of the PlayStation 4 exclusive new updates with features requested by the community. According to the developer blog post, patch 1.20, which is set to arrive sometime next week, is filled to the brim with new photo mode features and general bug fixes. Based on their blog post, it seems like the folks over at Guerrilla Games initially hadn’t planned on adding on anymore features to photo mode. However, due to the enormous amount of both fan art and screen captures submitted by fans, the Horizon Zero Dawn devs decided to give back to the community with several new photo mode features, which can be seen below. It is refreshing to see teams like the Horizon Zero Dawn devs paying attention to community feedback, and acting on it.
Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.20
Photo Mode Feature Improvements – A Gift from the Horizon Zero Dawn Devs
- Improved photo mode with new features
– Added poses for Aloy
– Added facial expressions for Aloy
– Added 3 new filters
– Added a “look at the camera” mode for Aloy
– Added “greetings from” cards
– Improved the camera controls
- Added the option to hide Aloy inside settlements while in photo mode.
- Added a sell stack option at merchants when double tapping the square icon.
- Added filters and a legend to the in game map and the quest map.
- Added several new custom HUD options.
- Added an additional blue health bar on top of the player’s health bar whenever the Shield Weaver Armor is equipped to indicate the amount of extra health points the armor is providing.
- Added difficulty setting components to the Shield Weaver Armor’s damage protection. On hard mode the armor received a 40% armor reduction, on very hard the armor received a 66.6% reduction.
- Added the option to hide headgear for Aloy (Thanks Horizon Zero Dawn devs!).
- Added the option to categorize and sort your inventory.
- Added categories in the crafting menu
– Green check mark for categories that are finished
– White icon for categories that have recipes that can be crafted
– Grey icon for categories that have no recipes that can be crafted
- Added the feature in the Sell menu at merchants, you can now press triangle to mark one or more items to sell items quicker.
- Added gameplay time to the statistics menu.
- Changed the timing of some tutorials that were repeatedly displayed, they are now less frequent.
- Added the option to control the x and y axis sensitivity of the camera.
- Added Spanish language support for North American copies of the game. Spanish subtitles can now be enabled, and Spanish audio is also now supported via a Spanish VO pack that can be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Store (in the week of 8th May).
- Fixed an issue where certain players would not be able to perform a Strike from Above while jumping.
- Fixed an issue with Aloy’s body momentarily disappearing for some players when performing a Strike from Below on cultists.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy appeared to be out of focus for some players when the camera is brought close to her.
- Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where for some players Aloy still has two spears in her inventory after the recent patch.
- Fixed an issue in “Mother’s Heart” where some players meant to confront Olin about his Focus during the speech, but were able to escape from the area resulting in the inability to return.
- Fixed an issue in “The City of the Sun” where for certain players the tutorial message would still appear after completing the quest.
- Fixed an issue in “The Grave Hoard” where some players were able to leave the map and get stuck outside of the playable area.
- Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where if some players surpass the trigger for the movie sequence, the main story quest will not progress upon entering the bunker.
- Fixed an Issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where enemies would not respawn for some players after Aloy dies during the “Kill the Eclipse” objective.
- Fixed an issue in “To Old Acquaintance” where for some players Aloy would become stuck in a pose after interacting with the basket.
- Fixed an issue where for some players an NPC would sit on a chair or bench while in combat resulting in their bow floating in midair next to them.
- Fixed an issue where certain players would get stuck underground while fast travelling away from a Tallneck.
- Fixed an issue where weapons would be disabled when some players fast-traveled whilst throwing a rock.
- Fixed various animation errors that occurred when some players mounted damaged machines.
- Fixed an issue where some player would not get the appropriate health notifications after playing for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- Fixed an issue in “Cauldron Sigma” where for some players items dropped on the platform would not elevate up during the animation.
- Fixed an issue where certain players who ride a mount from the Spire would be able to bypass the “mount can’t enter this location” message in Meridian Village.
- Fixed an issue where for some players the Stormbird would become dysfunctional after its state was repeatedly changed between burning and stunned.
- Fixed an issue where certain players who tried to enter Sunfall with a mount without the appropriate disguise would get kicked from the mount while the camera kept its focus on the mount.
- Fixed several issues where for some players in certain occasions dropping a Treasure Box would leave the Treasure Boxes floating the air.
- Fixed an issue where certain players were told to quit the main menu incorrectly when attempting to change text or speech language on first boot.
- Fixed an Issue were for some players several blue lines would be visible in the lower part of the screen during a Conversation.
- Fixed an issue where certain players’ corruption hit responses will continuously repeat if the player sprints while getting into an injured state.
- Fixed an issue where some players could be suddenly thrown off a Tallneck and instantly killed if it makes a sharp turn.
- Fixed an issue for certain players where any second or third rare/very rare handling mods attached to a weapon did not apply the expected stat increases.
- Fixed an issue for some players where two or more similar uncommon or rare mods applied to both weapons and outfits consistently don’t apply their indicated improvements.
- Fixed an issue where some players are still able to enter the World Map and Fast Travel right after an interaction has been triggered with triangle and when specific HUD messages are active.
- Fixed an issue where certain players selects graphics mode “4k resolution” while on a 1080p TV, it would give a flicker in the shadows of the distance indicators.
- Fixed an issue for some players where the interior map text overlapping the menu categories on the local map screen.
- Fixed an issue for some players where the fan would speed up when opening the map on a PS4 Pro.
- Fixed an issue for some players where the language would reset in the language selection menu.
- Fixed an issue for certain players with the subtitle select in the launch menu
- Fixed an issue where for certain players if they would reload their save for a second time after agreeing to bring Olin to the Farmstead they will spawn at the last saved campfire.
- Fixed several collision issues for some players.
- Fixed several sound issues for certain players.
- Minor text fixes.
- Fixed various miscellaneous crashes.
So, thoughts on next week’s upcoming patch for the game? What would you like the Horizon Zero Dawn devs to come up with next? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to DFTG for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2657 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.