The Dark Crystal Film is Now a Beautifully Crafted Board Game, Pre-Orders Available
Although it isn’t as well known as such titles like The Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal film has become a cult classic of a similar level because of its beautiful, equally dark fantasy world and new different approach to storytelling. Instead of having humans taking on the roles of the film, puppets were created to play out story instead. In order to restore peace and balance to the world, a young Gelfling named Jen must find a shard of the dark crystal. However, ever since the crystal had been compromised long ago, the sinister Skeksis have used this opportunity to rule over the land. It is up to Jen, the last of his kind, to end their nefarious power.
In fact, The Dark Crystal film garnered such a loyal following that Netflix announced in May that a prequel is currently in production called The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, bringing fans back to the world of Thra. There’s even an upcoming concept and art book that’s slated for release September 19th. Now, there’s a beautiful board game here to let loyal fans of the movie relive the adventure of Kira and Jen for a group between 2 to 4 players. Here’s everything including with this new table-top beauty:
The Dark Crystal Board Game
- 4 highly collectable figurine renditions of the main characters:
- 2 Gelflings – Jen and Kira (with Fizzgig!)
- 2 Skeksis – skekSil the Chamberlain and skekUng the Garthim-Master
- Rules booklet – 24 pages.
- 2′ × 2′ game board – lavishly illustrated with inspiring new artwork featuring all the legendary places from the movie, including Aughra’s Observatory, the Valley of the Stones and the Crystal Castle.
- 25 World cards, 9 Mystic cards, 7 Skeksis cards and 15 Minion cards.
- Over 20 game tokens.
- 6 polyhedral dice (D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20).
- 4 character sheets and 4 Special Ability cards.
- Cardboard stand-ups and bases: 4 Garthim, 1 Slave Podlings, 1 Gourmand Skeksis and 1 Slave-Master Skeksis
- 1 Orrery turn track (top and bottom, with plastic connector).
Interested in purchasing your own copy of The Dark Crystal board game? Pre-orders are available for its early 2018 release and will ship soon after from their location in the United Kingdom. So, if you reside in the United States or elsewhere, your cheapest bet would be purchasing a copy at the local comic book or store. However, if you’re looking for a guaranteed and secure version from the publisher themselves, it may be worth the wait! So, friends, what are your thoughts on The Dark Crystal film? Do you think the board game will be a worthwhile purchase? Feel free to let us know in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers official Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming news as they happen, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong759 Posts
Hoi is an Editor and Writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Her favorite past-times include chillin' in The Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.