Half-Life Remake Black Mesa Leaving Early Access Next Month
Half-Life fans have been paying close attention to the fan-made re-imagining of the first entry in the series, with several even picking it up through Early Access on Steam. That said, Black Mesa is finally coming out of Early Access with version 1.0 next month.
The team at Crowbar Collective have been on quite the adventure developing Black Mesa for the better part of the past decade, first releasing it as a free mod for Half-Life 2, then as a standalone game in 2015 via Steam Early Access. However, all of the hard work is about to pay off in the form of a new milestone, as Black Mesa is set to release version 1.0 on March 5th.
In case you don’t know what to expect from the re-imagining of Half-Life (if you haven’t played it yet), here’s more:
“You are Gordon Freeman, a theoretical physicist at the Black Mesa Research Facility. When a routine experiment goes horribly wrong, you must fight your way through an interdimensional alien invasion, and a bloodthirsty military clean-up crew in order to save the science team… and the world!”
- Nineteen chapters of fighting through top-secret labs, running atop harsh desert landscapes, sneaking into abandoned railways, and leaping across dimensions
- Mind-Blowing graphics and effects, never before seen on the Source Engine
- Face off against an army of classic enemies, updated with new features and engaging AI
- Wield an arsenal of military hardware, scientific prototypes, and the iconic crowbar through incredibly detailed environments
- The all-new soundtrack and voice acting create a more immersive experience than ever before
Half-Life is currently available on PC and PlayStation 2, while Black Mesa is on PC. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 “Hot Coffee” Mod Lands In Hot Water With Take-Two (VIDEO)
- Mortal Kombat 11 Spawn Release Inbound, McFarlane Toys Figure Revealed
- Square Enix Lessens Its Plans For PAX East 2020, Final Fantasy XIV Events Canceled
What say you, gamers? Have you already played the Half-Life re-imagining, or have you been awaiting the official release of Black Mesa? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support!
Eric Garrett2151 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.