Fortnite Now Lets You Pet In-Game Pets With New Update
Fortnite added back bling that let players carry around a pet of their choosing some time ago, but there has been one feature missing since then. While toting around these adorable animals throughout the heat of Battle Royale, players have not been able to pet the little cuties. That all changes now.
Thanks to the most recent update to hit Epic Games’ massively popular Battle Royale title, players are now able to pet the in-game pets. This is surely a joyous occasion for players everywhere, because in the midst of cranking 90’s, Boogie Bombing others, and trying to stay alive, there is nothing more important than petting the animals that are doing their absolute best.
New: Following an update, you can now pet the dog in Fortnite pic.twitter.com/U1nkfHIHSr
— Can You Pet the Dog? (@CanYouPetTheDog) April 17, 2019
Of course, there were plenty of other additions to Fortnite along with the recent update, but being able to pet all of the best pets is probably the greatest thing Epic could have added to the game. Actually, come to think of it, they probably added the ability to pet the pets to take the sting out of the fact that they re-added planes. Yes, that’s a thing. Luckily, they are reserved for a new LTM called Air Royale. Here’s more:
Climb aboard a plane and take to the skies in this fast-paced mode where players fight to be the last one flying!
- Air Royale is lifting off as a Duos-only mode.
- Each plane has 3 lives, players will respawn until they lose their plane’s last life.
- Touching the ground will instantly eliminate players.
- Parking a plane on the ground for more than a few seconds will cause it to explode – stay airborne!
- Hijacking another team’s plane will add that plane to your existing number of plane lives (and cost the team who lost the plane a life).
- The storm has a ceiling that gradually lowers during the match. Be careful not to fly too high late in the match!
- Loot chests of five different rarities will fall from the sky, allowing players to upgrade the guns they are carrying as well as boosting their plane’s weapons for a short time.
- To receive the contents of a Chest, simply fly through it.
- If players receive loot from a Chest containing a weapon they already have that’s of the same or worse quality, they’ll receive additional ammo.
- Chests with higher quality guns will automatically replace the lower quality weapon that’s being carried.
- Floating repair kits can also be found, these heal damaged planes and grant health & shields to players.
Fortnite is currently available on Nintendo Switch, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and mobile devices. For the full patch notes from the new update, those can be found right here. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Microsoft Is Giving Away Epic Warhammer: Chaosbane Xbox One X, Beta Info Revealed (VIDEO)
- Xbox One Adds Ninja Gaiden 2, Splinter Cell, And More To Backward Compatibility (VIDEO)
- Telltale Games Closure Was “Horrifying,” Says Co-Founder In New Interview
What say you, gamers? Are you beyond excited to pet all of the Fortnite pets? Does anything else even matter in the Battle Royale now that the animals can be given the attention they deserve? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!