For Honor: Marching Fire Trailer, Breach Gameplay, And More Revealed At E3 2018 (VIDEO)
Ubisoft brought quite a bit with them to this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. From the stunning reveal of a returning character in Beyond Good and Evil 2, to The Division 2 goodness, fans were rather pleased with the outcome. During their conference, they also showed off more content on the way to For Honor in the form of an upcoming update, as well as the fact that the game is currently free for PC player, but only for a limited time.
Marching Fire will be a massive update that heads to For Honor this fall, bringing a bounty of goodies along for the ride. First, a new faction will be arriving from the far East. Four members of the Wu Lin faction will be coming to join the battle. Before we get into each of these warriors, let us dive right into the Marching Fire cinematic trailer that was shown during Ubisoft’s presentation:
The four members of the Wu Lin faction are as follows:
- The Jiang Jun
- Once a feared general, now uses his guandao to wreak havoc on the West.
- The Nuxia
- A bodyguard betrayed by allies, uses her hook swords to slay anyone who stands in her way.
- The Shaolin
- A warrior monk forced to watch his monastery burn, now spreads the gospel with his staff.
- The Tiandi
- Once sat fourth in line for the throne but was consumed by madness and killed his brothers, ultimately leading to the defeat of his empire. Now, he atones by seeking out the wicked with his broadsword.
For those seeking more knowledge about the Marching Fire update that will be coming to For Honor later this year, here’s a bit of what it will include from Ubisoft:
- BREACH THE CASTLE
- Attack and defend a castle in Breach, For Honor’s new strategic 4v4 PvP mode. Attackers must work together to storm the castle gates and kill the Lord of the castle, while defenders must either take down the battering ram or kill all attackers to protect the Lord.
- UNLIMITED SINGLE PLAYER CONTENT
- A new mode, yet to be revealed, offering unlimited single player and 2-person co-op PVE content.
- GRAPHICALLY ENHANCED
- Significant graphical enhancements bring you closer to the action than ever before.
Speaking of the new Breach mode, Ubisoft was kind enough to give fans a gameplay trailer. The video, which can be seen below, shows off the upcoming 4v4 PvP mode. What is seen in the footage is indeed glorious 4K, but also a work in progress. Check it out for yourself:
As mentioned near the top of the article, For Honor is currently free to PC players through Ubisoft’s Uplay client. It’s only the Starter Edition, but it will give hesitant gamers a chance to check out the title at no cost to them. The offer is only available until June 18th at 8:00pm UTC. To ensure you receive your free copy of For Honor, head over to the game’s website right here.
For Honor is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. the Marching Fire update in all of its glory will be arriving on October 16th. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Mech Action Game ‘Daemon X Machina’ Revealed For Nintendo Switch At E3 2018 (VIDEO)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Officially Announced For The Nintendo Switch – Here’s The Full Reveal (VIDEO)
- PlayStation E3 2018 – A Full Recap Of Trailers From The Sony Showcase (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you ready to jump back into For Honor when the Marching Fire update is released? Will you be picking up the game for free while it’s available? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1231 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.