Final Fantasy XV Patch Notes for the Crown Update Day One
The new Crown Update for Final Fantasy XV adds 8 GB of improvements to the game a day away from the launch. The game will not be playable until you download and install the Crown Update to your console. Luckily, the game does not take up as much hard drive space as previously thought, but it does use at least 50 GB of space plus 8 GB for the Crown Update. These patch notes were released on a Square Enix site, but in Japanese, so there may be slight variances thanks to the translation to English.
- New actions that were inspired by the “Omen” trailer that was produced by Digic Pictures and include Shift (Warp) Dropkick (when your daggers are equipped), and Backward Shift (Warp) Magic (elemental magic activation within a short distance)
- Some Wait Mode exclusive abilities that were added to Ability Call in order to improve the Wait Mode experience including Libra Speed Increase which helps you obtain information more quickly, the Wait Gauge will recover after defeating an enemy, when Shift Breaking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you it’s easier to destroy the targeted part, and lastly when Shift Breaking to an enemy with less than half HP, the damage multiplier will increase.
- When your HP is less than 25%, the whole screen will be covered by a light red filter to alert you.
- When in a pinch, your whole screen will be covered by a dark red filter.
- The Enemy Whistle will be available and you can call monsters but they won’t always show up.
- Movement taken at the time of a MP Burst is cancelled. Trying to shift in MP Burst will cause movements to fail.
- You can now shift forward in the field outside of battle.
- Music Player item has been added so that you can listen to your favorite songs while you’re walking.
- A gallery has been added to the main menu and there you can see the dishes acquired by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.
- Opening your menu during auto-drive will not halt driving.
- Regalia Shop added which lets you shop while riding in the Regalia.
- Event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer were added, because they exceeded the disc space capacity.
- Some bug fixes.
- Camera is adjusted in narrow areas.
- Menu improvements.
- The addition of functions that enhance convenience.
- Changes to towns and to the open world that were made to fit the scenario.
- Side-quests have been better balanced, dish types have been added, fish types and fishing locations added.
- Leviathan boss encounter and battle experience are further improved.
Seems like there are some great upgrades in this Crown Update for Final Fantasy XV. Let’s hope that they will continue to update as feedback floods in. Final Fantasy XV will be released tomorrow, November 29th, on PS4 and Xbox One. Are you excited to play? Let us know your feelings in the comment section below and check back with DFTG for all your gaming news! Don’t forget that we also have a Twitter to keep you up to date as soon as possible! Did you know that Final Fantasy XV has it’s on brand of soda? Find out how to get your own here!
Freelancer Spotlight417 Posts
Our Freelancer Spotlight is a way for our community members to be involved and share what they love with the site! From news, reviews, to cosplay features - it's one of the many ways our community can become even more immersive with DFTG.