Elder Scrolls Online Summerset Expansion Brings An Epic New Tale To Tamriel (VIDEO)
Set 1000 years prior to Skyrim, the MMORPG ‘The Elder Scrolls Online’ has been building a sweeping and expansive world for players to explore. With the Morrowind expansion having released last year, it seems that Bethesda feels it’s time to open the borders for yet another piece of Tamriel. Elder Scrolls Online Summerset has been announced with loads of new features and a new epic tale to explore. Check out the re
Elder Scrolls Online Summerset will offer players new features, monsters, and a chance to join the mysterious Psijic Order. New dangers await adventurers as a story unfolds that could destroy all of Tamriel. Here is what the official announcement had to say:
For the first time in history, the long-closed borders of Summerset are open to foreigners by decree of Queen Ayrenn. But darkness looms over the ancestral home of the High Elves, and whispers stir of Daedric followers organizing in the shadows. Rally your allies, brave champions. Summerset awaits.
Explore an all-new zone packed with adventure. Join the mysterious Psijic Order and gain powerful new abilities. Reunite with old friends, forge new alliances, and work together to unravel a conspiracy that threatens Tamriel’s very existence.
- Summerset’s Capital and seat of power for Proxy Queen Alwinarwe. Visitors and locals alike will be mesmerized by Alinor’s shining towers as they tour the city’s many landmarks, including the Golden Gryphon Inn, the Oleanderr Coast Winery, and the bustling Riverside Market.
- Boldly built atop the peak of Eton Nir, Cloudrest is the home of the Welkynar Gryphon Knights and their Aerie. But be warned: due to an unforeseen catastrophe, the Divine Prosecution has been forced to evacuate the city and barricade the main gate. If you wish to enter you may need to find an alternative path.
- When you arrive in Summerset, you’ll find yourself in the city of Shimmerene, also known as the City of Lights. But the town is in turmoil, and before you begin your adventures or make yourself at home, it would be wise to familiarize yourself with the Queen’s decree regarding visitors.
- Crystal Tower
- Also known to the High Elves as Crystal-Like-Law, this sacred monument opens only to the Sapiarchs’ tower sentinels and is both a place of research and a mausoleum for the honored dead. At its apex, it holds a powerful crystal called Transparent Law, though its purpose is a mystery to all but the highest-ranking Sapiarchs.
- Found on the northwestern coast of Summerset, the city of Lillandril houses both the College of Sapiarchs and the local chapter of the Mages Guild, two groups known for their growing rivalry. Razum-dar recommends you steer clear of them and instead put your feet up at the local watering-hole, the Shrewd Brew Tavern.
- If you’re looking for entertainment and excitement, the township of Rellenthil can be found in the heart of Summerset. There, you can enjoy artistic performances by the renowned House of Reveries or relax at the local Bathhouse.
SAY HELLO TO OLD FRIENDS
Reunite with old allies as you enter the tumultuous world of High Elf culture and politics. By decree of Queen Ayrenn, Summerset is now open to outsiders, but that does not mean that all are welcome, and you’ll encounter many different influential organizations and individuals during your adventures.
- Queen Ayrenn
- Proxy Queen Alwinarwe
- Valsirenn of the Psijic Order
- Alchemy of the House of Reveries
JOIN THE PSIJIC ORDER
Few organizations in Tamriel are as secretive and mysterious as the Psijic Order. Now, they’ve returned to Nirn after centuries of self-imposed exile to investigate a crisis that threatens to unravel the future of Tamriel. Join this ancient society of mages, learn their ways, and gain incredible new abilities that allow you to bend time itself!
Freeze the passage of time at a specific location. Should you catch your enemies within this ability, they’ll be slowed and eventually frozen in place, giving you the opportunity to make your move!
Focus your mind and body into a deep meditative state. While active, you will restore Health, Stamina, and Magicka over time. Perfect for those who want to reflect upon and recover from a tough fight.
Become a true master of time and step backwards into the past to instantly reset your Health, Magicka, and Stamina to what they were only four seconds ago. If the battle isn’t going your way, reset the board!
- Craft your own jewerly:
- Forge potent new gear with Jewelry Crafting and bolster your power with handmade rings and necklaces. Make sure you’re always wearing your best—you’ll need every advantage you can get.
- A new trailer:
- The Divine Prosecution has evacuated and barricaded the city of Cloudrest after an unforeseen catastrophe. Gather your strongest allies, take on this challenging new 12-player Trial, and face the Welkynar and their powerful gryphon companions. Keep both eyes on the skies!
- New challenges:
- Experience a whole world of adventure on the island of Summerset with unique World bosses, Delves, Public Dungeons, and an all-new group challenge: Abyssal Geysers. Wherever you go, there’s always a new adventure waiting for you and your allies.
Players who get their hands on the Elder Scrolls Online Summerset expansion will be able to explore a multitude of settings including impressive cities and landscapes. Revelations on the High Elves, Daedra, and Psijic Order are all expected as new abilities are revealed.
All pre-purchases of the Elder Scrolls Online Summerset expansion will receive the “Queen’s Bounty Back” which includes exclusive costumes, an in-game pet, maps to loot, gear, and gold, Psijic Vault Crown Crate, Experience Scrolls and a Nightmare Senche Mount. The pre-purchase also includes immedaite access to the base game and Morrowind Expansion. The physical collector’s edition contains a whole host of amazing features including a beautiful Daedric Statue of Melphalan, plenty of exclusive in-game content, a physical map, and a copy Razum-dar’s Journal. Learn all of the new details here!
Elder Scrolls Online Summerset is set to release on June 5th and starts at 29.99 for the standard edition, and 89.99 for the Collectors Edition. The PC version will be coming a little sooner with a May 21st release date. What are you most excited about for the new expansion? Join in on the conversation in the comment section below! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7
Charles Douglas734 Posts
Deep in the mountains of the south west lives a man who writes game editorials, makes YouTube Videos, and is an overall mega nerd. An avid believer in Unicorns, and your new all star line backer, Number 34, CHARLES DOUGLAAAAAAASSSS!!!!