Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date Reveal Hinted At In New Job Listing
While we’ve had a decent look at CD Projekt RED’s upcoming cyberpunk experience through details shared and that wonderful gameplay demo, there are still a few key pieces of information that remain a mystery, including when the game will be arriving. That said, a recent job listing for CDPR may hint at the imminent announcement of the highly-anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 release date.
According to the job listing, CD Projekt RED is looking for a “well-organized Release Manager.” This implies that they are gearing up to possibly announce the release date for Cyberpunk 2077, which might further indicate that the game is (hopefully) coming this year. Check out part of the job listing below for yourself:
We’re looking for a quality-focused and well-organized Release Manager to support us on our current and upcoming projects and to take part in coordination of all global product releases. As release manager you will cooperate and communicate with all stakeholders from the CD Projekt involved in the release and take active part in organizing whole process. It includes submissions to first party console manufacturers, oversee compliance certification process and working with partners on publishing process on multiple platforms.
- Active part of overall product launch process.
- Interface with global release manager to ensure successful product release.
- Coordinate communication and key dates between various development and publishing groups.
- Ensure communication between external partners and the development team, coordinating and negotiating development plans, exceptions, sales/mktg/publishing content, as well as releases.
- Scheduling, coordination, quality control and external certification process across multiple platforms and products.
- Submitting builds to external partners inside and out, and overseeing all aspects of external build certification.
- Create and manage the release checklist.
- Assist with submissions to age rating agencies.
- Provide reports on release progress.
- Working closely with dev team, production, QA, and Live Ops teams on identifying and resolving risk related to releases.
- Working closely with Live Ops team to coordinate and publish frequent builds, hotfixes, and patches.
- Help coordinate project teams involved in the product development process.
I don’t know about you, but this job listing really makes it seem like the studio is gearing up to release something. Seeing as CD Projekt RED has plans to release two AAA titles within as many years, and we only know about one of them, there’s a good chance this has a lot to do with Cyberpunk 2077. Of course, whoever fills the role will also likely deal with the other AAA game, but we can only hope that Night City is their first destination.
Cyberpunk 2077 has no solid release date, but it is currently in development for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Troy Baker Rejected Role As Rhys In Borderlands 3, Says Gearbox CEO
- Xbox Game Pass Adding Six New Titles, Including Monster Hunter World
- Millionaire Seeks To Fund Real Life Fortnite Battle Royale Experience On Private Island
What say you, gamers? Do you believe we’ll be a getting a Cyberpunk 2077 release date announcement in the near future? Will CD Projekt RED be revealing such information at this year’s E3? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!