Borderlands 3 Almost Brought Back Handsome Jack As The Villain (VIDEO)
As the official Borderlands 3 reveal grew closer, fans were wondering what exactly was on the horizon, especially when it came to the villain that would be featured in the highly anticipated title. While the Calypso Twins weren’t what many were expecting, that what we got. That said, the main baddie of previous games was almost brought back for another entry.
That’s right – Handsome Jack was nearly brought back for Borderlands 3. This, of course, would have been rather interesting considering the fact that Borderlands 2 players saw him, spoiler alert, die. However, according to Gearbox’s Randy Vamell, Jack was originally set to make a comeback. During Devcom 2019, Vamell revealed this information, but what seemingly made them go in a different direction was a fan video stating that Handsome Jack should not appear in Borderlands 3. You can check out the clip for yourself below:
For those who don’t know what Borderlands 3 is all about, here’s more:
“The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and a mayhem-fueled adventure! Blast through new worlds and enemies as one of four new Vault Hunters. Play solo or with friends to take on insane enemies, score loads of loot and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy.”
- A MAYHEM-FUELED THRILL RIDE
- Stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power.
- YOUR VAULT HUNTER, YOUR PLAYSTYLE
- Become one of 4 new Vault Hunters, each with deep skill trees, abilities and customization.
- LOCK, LOAD, AND LOOT
- With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear.
- NEW BORDERLANDS
- Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each with unique environments and enemies.
- QUICK & SEAMLESS CO-OP ACTION
- Play with anyone at any time with online co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress.
Borderlands 3 is currently available on Google Stadia, PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- League Of Legends Summoner’s Rift Gets An Unreal Engine Fan Remake (VIDEO)
- Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris New Cutscene Footage And More Revealed (VIDEO)
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Action Figures Revealed By McFarlane Toys
What say you, gamers? Are you glad that they decided not to go with Handsome Jack for the Borderlands 3 villain? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1662 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.