ARGcast: Famicom and Super Famicom Games with Andre Tipton (PODCAST)
Our resident Shaq impersonator Andre Tipton joins us to dive into the best and most intriguing titles from the Famicom and Super Famicom libraries!
ARGcast is going to Japan! Well, maybe not literally. We welcome back on friend of the show Andre Tipton of Real Otaku Gamer to look into our favorite Japanese exclusive games for the Famicom and Super Famicom. Be ready for some spooky scissor men, kid vampires, Donald Duck, and more.
We’re jammed with news at the top of the show starting with Sony “doing what Nintendoes” with the reveal of the PlayStation Classic. We then tackle the latest from Nintendo with highlights from the last Nintendo Direct. That’s followed by Konami possibly doing right by Castlevania with a modern bundle, Capcom’s talks to make new Okami and Viewtiful Joe games, and a couple of Mega Man titles getting the special cartridge treatment from iam8bit.
This week’s Stage of History is turning Japanese with Konami Wai Wai World and Seiken Densetsu 3 (sequel to Secret of Mana), then Robert never says die with the Famicom title The Goonies in Obscura. Don’t forget to nab our game giveaways, and finally stick around for some Random Select! Who could Robert be this time?
- PlayStation Classic Announced, Coming This Holiday Season
- Nintendo Direct Recap
- ‘Castlevania Requiem’ Rated For PlayStation 4, Features Two Classic Games
- Capcom Almost Teamed Up With Platinum Games For New ‘Okami’ and ‘Viewtiful Joe’ Games
- iam8Bit Re-Releasing Two Mega Man Nintendo Classics In Beautiful New Colors
- Jesus Saved My Saturday Night: A Weird Famicom Game Worth Playing
- Seth Rogen drops Duck Hunt ‘secret’ on unsuspecting Twitter
We are partnered with Don’t Feed The Gamers! Be sure to check them out for fan-focused gaming content.
Another Retro Gaming Podcast, or ARGcast for short, is a celebration of the video games we grew up with. Listen up for the latest in retro gaming related news, an onslaught of amazing guests, loads of game code giveaways, and more. Subscribe and become an ARGonaut today!