Apex Legends Season 2 Ranked Leagues, New Content Details Revealed
With the curtains to the first season of Apex Legends officially closed, season 2 commences with immense changes – from quality of life tweaks, fresh new content, ranked leagues and much more. The official patch notes are lengthy, but we’ll take a moment to highlight a few of the important overhauls to this battle royale title.
- To get the Battle Pass, jump into Apex Legends and head to the Battle Pass tab in the store. Grab the Battle Pass for 950 Apex Coins or the Battle Pass Bundle for 2,800 Apex Coins (containing 4,700 Apex Coins’ worth of content!), and you’re all set.
- Take on Daily and Weekly Challenges to score bonus Battle Pass XP and level up even faster. Read more here.
New Content Types
- Skydive emotes, music packs, and unique loading screens are now part of the rewards track.
More Legendaries and Crafting Materials
- Grab even more Legendary skins from the reward track and earn enough Crafting Materials to create a Legendary item of your choice.
- Everyone who plays Apex Legends Season 2 can earn:
- Season 2 stat trackers for each Legend.
- Five Apex Packs.
- The Wattson Hot Rod skin.
Kings Canyon Changes
- The Leviathans have breached Kings Canyon and it’ll never be the same! Many areas have been affected by our new guests. Enjoy exploring the new changes!
New Legend: Wattson
Wattson has entered the arena and is available for 750 Apex Coins or 12,000 Legend Tokens.
- PASSIVE: Spark of Genius
- Ultimate Accelerants fully charge Wattson’s ultimate. Standing near the Interception Pylon boosts Wattson’s tactical recharge rate.
- TACTICAL: Perimeter Security
- Create electrified fences by connecting nodes. Fences damage and slow enemies.
- ULTIMATE: Interception Pylon
- Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields [can place up to 3 Pylons at one time].
- Check out the full details on our goals, how Ranked Mode works, and more here.
- One thing we forgot to mention in the blog post: Players abandoning in Ranked will be penalized both with a matchmaking penalty, as well as have any potential RP gains zeroed out. On top of that, they will pay an additional penalty RP cost equal to their match entry cost. For example: if a Gold player gets 4 kills and would have finished top 5 but abandons his or her match on purpose, that player will get 0 RP for kills and placement, pay the 2 RP entry cost, and on top of that pay another 2 RP abandon penalty cost.
For more on balance changes made to each of the Legends, difference in quality of life, user interface adjustments, and all that good stuff, make sure to check out the official Reddit post here.
What do you think of the myriad of changes launching in Apex Legends with season 2? Let us know what you’ll deep dive into first in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Rumor: Major Grand Theft Auto 6 Leak Reveals New Story Details
- Remedy Regains Control Of Alan Wake – Is A New Game Inbound?
- PlayStation Plus Free Games For July 2019 Changed To Include A Special Bonus
Apex Legends is available to play on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Hoi Duong1640 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.