Apex Legends Devs Detail Progression Changes, Increased Level Cap
Apex Legends is kicking of December with a major update. According to developer Respawn Entertainment, the popular battle royale title will see significant changes and additions including increased level cap, progression changes, and more. Check out the tweet below:
Level cap increase, progression changes, and even more Apex packs.
— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) November 26, 2019
Beginning December 3rd, Apex Legends will increase the level cap from 100 to 500, introduce adorable gun charms, earn additional Apex Packs, introduce a badge system, and nerf the rate of level experience players gained. Here are the details of what’s coming next month:
Player Level Cap Increase, Additional Apex Pack Rewards
The Player Level cap has been increased from 100 to 500. Players can now earn a total of 199 Apex Packs related to Player Level rewards at the following cadence:
- Level 2 – 20: One pack every level (19 Apex Packs total)
- Level 22 – 300: One pack every two levels (140 Apex Packs total)
- Level 305 – 500: One pack every five levels (40 Apex Packs total)
- You will continue to earn 600 Legend Tokens per level and per 18,000 XP at level 500
The net impact of this change is that players will now earn 59 Apex Packs from level 1 – 100 (up from 45 Apex Packs prior to this change). All players will be retroactively awarded any Apex Packs they should have received under this new system. For example, players who are currently level 100 will receive 14 Apex Packs when this system goes live.
- Players will now earn a new badge every 10 levels from 110 – 500.
- Players will also receive a Player Level Gun Charm inspired by the above badges at levels 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500.
Player Level XP Reductions
- Under the old system, there was a large increase in XP required at level 26. Under the new system, we’ve reduced the rate at which XP required to level up increases from levels 20 to 58. The net impact of this change is that the XP curve should be softer for new players, meaning they will get more rewards, faster through level 58.
- Additionally, the total XP required to hit level 100 will be reduced by approximately 5%. Because XP requirements are being reduced, players between levels 20 and 99 may find they are a level higher after this change goes live, if they were close to leveling up. These XP changes will have no effect on players already at level 100.
- The maximum XP required per level will remain at 18,000 starting at level 58 (26 in the old system) and will remain constant through level 500.
- We’re introducing 36 new Gun Charms to Apex Packs. They will be available in Epic and Legendary tiers. Additionally, Gun Charms will now rotate through the Shop.
What do you think of all the new changes and additions heading to Apex Legends? Aren’t the gun charms abso-freaking-lutely adorable? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
Hoi Duong1870 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.