PlayStation Plus July Lineup Includes 3 Free Games (VIDEO)
Each and every month, members of PlayStation Plus are given a pair of free games to add to their collection, whether it be huge AAA titles like June’s offerings or comparatively smaller indies that have made an impression on fans. The PlayStation Plus July lineup appears to be taking a bit from both columns, giving away three total games in celebration of the Sony-branded service’s 10-year anniversary.
Revealed in a new PlayStation Blog post, three games are becoming available for members of PS Plus in July: stylish basketball simulator NBA 2K20, action-packed Lara Croft adventure Rise of the Tomb Raider, and mysterious live-action visual novel Erica. Celebrating 10 years of Plus, everyone, including non-members, will also have access to a limited-time PS4 theme “later this week,” in addition to a free online multiplayer weekend lasting from July 4th to July 5th. A video playlist showing off the PlayStation Plus July lineup can be viewed below alongside official descriptions.
- NBA 2K has evolved into much more than a basketball simulation. With its immersive open-world Neighborhood, NBA 2K20 is a platform for gamers and ballers to come together* and create what’s next in basketball culture. Take your skills to the next level, featuring an upgraded motion engine with signature styles, advanced shooting controls, a new dribble size-up system, refined off-ball collisions, and a new read & react defensive game.
- In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the crosshairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find a powerful and sought-after artifact before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity as she sets out for Siberia on a thrilling expedition.
- This feature-length cinematic experience merges high-fidelity Hollywood production values with engaging, tactile gameplay. Become Erica, a brave young lady plagued with nightmares of your father’s murder. With the traumatic events that have haunted you as a child dragged back into the light of the present-day vis grisly new clues, it’s up to you to unearth the shocking truth behind this devastating tragedy. Every choice you make influences how the game develops, with multiple endings awaiting you at the finale of the emotional branching narrative.
The PlayStation Plus July lineup will be live between July 7th and August 3rd. The freebies from June will be available until then.
What do you think? Are you excited about next month’s offerings? Which game are you looking to play first? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- Ubisoft Battle Royale Game Reportedly Coming Soon
- Valorant Dev Teases Future Plans, Six New Agents Per Year
- Cyberpunk 2077 Street Kids Detailed By The Developers
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2389 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.