Mortal Kombat 11 Confirms Shang Tsung As First DLC Fighter
Chicago’s C2E2 is going on now and NetherRealm is definitely here to bring the party. In addition to Noob Saibot’s confirmed return, Ed Boon and the crew revealed another fan-favorite making a comeback: Shang Tsung! Get ready to part with those souls, friends, because he’s back!
— Mortal Kombat 11 (@MortalKombat) March 22, 2019
To say that fans were excited about be a massive understatement, though we’re still holding out hope for our beloved Mileena:
— 🚀 (@UncannyCarlos) March 22, 2019
All respects to the OG 🙏🏾🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/DlTaAZlJUO
— Ken Masters (@Episode88) March 22, 2019
— mrdmoney1 (@mysterymnsuprme) March 22, 2019
I LOVE YOU pic.twitter.com/iQZYweXoy1
— Batuhan (@Batuhanornek7) March 22, 2019
— Dêdi (@Dediel_visky) March 22, 2019
It’s important to note that he’s a DLC character included also with the Premium Edition. So far we have some pretty stellar fighters to look forward to, including the hilariously Hollywood Johnny Cage, and we’re excited to see even more reveals in the coming months.
Excited to see Shang Tsung? Who would you like to see “konfirmed” next? Sound off in the comment section below, or hit us up over on Twitter @YouFedtheGamers!
As for the game itself, Mortal Kombat arrives on April 23rd for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch:
- All-New Custom Character Variation System: Offers nearly infinite customization options, giving players more control and providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. Players can customize their fighters with a variety of Skins, Gear, Special Abilities, Intro and Victory Cinemas, Taunts and Brutalities that can be earned via gameplay.
- All-New Story Mode: Continue the epic saga through a new cinematic story that is more than 25 years in the making. Players will take on the role of a variety of past and present characters in a time-bending new narrative that pits Raiden against Kronika, the Keeper of Time who created existence at the dawn of history.
- New & Returning Fan-Favorite Characters: Choose from a roster of fighters with unique abilities and Fatalities, with new characters, such as Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika who can manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion, Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero and more.
- More Modes, Challenges & Rewards: Packed to the brim with multiple modes, including the Towers of Time, which builds upon NetherRealms’s past games, allowing players to test their skills through various challenges, providing more ways than ever to continue the Mortal Kombat 11 experience.
- All-New Krushing Blows & Iconic Fatalities: Showcasing brutal battles like never before with enhanced graphics and animations
Liana Ruppert580 Posts
With an arguably unhealthy obsession with Mass Effect, Liana has been an avid collector of gaming and comic memorabilia for well over two decades. With a passion for writing, gaming, and comics - she is currently working as Editor-in-Chief for the revival of Prima Games, with previous managing editor experience with several gaming publications including ComicBook.com, The Hollywood Reporter, TwinGalaxies, and other outlets. She is also the Co-Owner and Managing Editor for DFTG. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, as well as several Facebook communities online.