Massive ‘Agile’ Update for GWENT Now Live – Includes Mahakam Ale Festival Event
CD Projekt RED‘s free-to-play trading card game, GWENT: The Witcher Card Game has had a ton of success since its inception last year. The developers are constantly updating and fixing issues within the game (much like they did with Witcher 3: Wild Hunt) to create a fluid gaming experience. With their latest update, dubbed Agile, GWENT has quite a few changes and fixes to look forward to, as well as a new in-game event titled Mahakam Ale Festival.
Within GWENT, agile cards are those that can be placed on any of the board’s three rows: infantry, ranged, and siege. CDPR made over 40 unit cards agile with the latest update, changing the tactics necessary to defeat and defend against your opponents. Be sure to check all of your decks to find which units can be utilized anywhere on the game board.
Furthermore, the Agile update also brings a new event titled Mahakam Ale Festival. During the festival, players will be able to unlock new avatars, borders, and titles for their profiles. During the first three days of the festival, players will be able to mill (or scrap) certain cards for materials equal to the value of materials needed to create the respective cards. Those cards are as follows:
- Battering Ram
- Blue Stripes Commando
- Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry
- Mahakam Marauder
- Merigold’s Hailstorm
- Prince Stennis
Along with the agile unit card changes and the Festival, numerous fixes and changes to cards have been implemented throughout GWENT. One of these changes is that single player challenges will now provide players with experience points. Even better is that challenges that have already been completed will provide experience points retroactively, meaning you won’t have to redo the challenges to get the credit for them.
A list of all other bug fixes and changes can be seen below:
- Merigold’s Hailstorm will now only Damage Bronze and Silver Units.
- Clear Skies will now also Boost any Damaged Ally under Weather by 1.
- School of the Wolf: Eskel Power changed from 5 to 6.
- Harpy’s Counter will now only react to non-Spying Allied Beasts.
- Dagon Power changed from 6 to 5.
- Wild Hunt Navigator has gained the following Category tags: Mage
- Griffin Power changed from 8 to 9.
- Wild Hunt Hound Power changed from 3 to 4.
- Wild Hunt Rider Power changed from 8 to 9.
- Restore will now Resurrect a Bronze or Silver Unit from your Graveyard and set its Base Power to 10.
- Blueboy Lugos Power changed from 7 to 8.
- War Longship Power changed from 6 to 7.
- Clan Brokvar Archer Power changed from 7 to 8.
- Clan an Craite Warrior Power changed from 10 to 11.
- Clan Brokvar Hunter Power changed from 5 to 6.
- Clan Tuirseach Axeman Power changed from 4 to 5.
- Battering Ram will now Damage an Enemy by 2 instead of 3. Also, if it was Destroyed, it will Damage another Enemy by 3 instead of 2.
- Blue Stripes Commando will now be played from Deck only when a different Temerian Ally with the same Power is be played.
- Shani will now add 2 Armor instead of 5 to the Resurrected Unit.
- Prince Stennis will now gain 3 Armor instead of 5.
- Nenneke will now only be able to shuffle Units from your Graveyard into your Deck.
- Foltest Power changed from 4 to 5.
- Dijkstra Power changed from 3 to 4.
- Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry Power changed from 8 to 7.
- Reaver Hunter Power changed from 4 to 5.
- Francesca has gained the following Category tags: Mage
- Mahakam Marauder Power changed from 8 to 7.
- Morvran Voorhis Power changed from 6 to 7.
- Emhyr var Emreis Power changed from 6 to 7.
- Tibor Eggebracht Power changed from 8 to 10.
- Alba Armored Cavalry Power changed from 3 to 4.
- Fixed issue whereby some users would be shown old Patch Notes instead of most recent ones.
- Starter Pack screen now contains information about Legendary card being Premium and that you can choose 1 from random selection of 3.
- Starter Pack now contains confirmation popup for selection of Legendary card.
- Fixed issue whereby it was possible to select Starter Pack Legendary card by pressing right mouse button on PC, R2 on PS4 and RT on X1.
- Fixed issue whereby game would freeze when opponent Resurrected or Consumed card in Graveyard while it was being previewed by player.
- Fixed issue whereby pressing Space button in Chat window during match would cause player to start to pass.
- Fixed an issue whereby using arrow keys in Chat during match also switched between cards.
- Fixed an issue whereby Skellige card back was not visible in Deck Builder and in Kegs on Low and Medium Graphics Quality.
- Fixed issue whereby VFX of Geralt: Igni card were wrongly displayed when Power of cards on Row totaled 20 – 24.
- Description of Dandelion (Witcher 2) and Triss (Alternative Outfit) avatars updated to state they were Season 1 rewards.
- Fixed issue causing visual glitches involving candles in Hand view of some Premium cards.
- Fixed issue whereby card descriptions of several cards did not fit properly in Deck Builder and Collection side previews in some languages.
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and the Agile update are available now on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Have you been enjoying the trading card game based on Witcher 3? What is your preferred deck to use? What are your thoughts on CD Projekt RED’s constant commitment to their titles? Let us know in the comments section below. Be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter to stay up to date on the hottest news in gaming and entertainment via our 24/7 live news feed.
Jon McAnally376 Posts
Hailing from the armpit of California, this most radical of nerds loves video games, comics, and collectibles (not dolls). Prepare to feast your eyes on the magical wonder that is his editorials.