Left 4 Dead 2: The Last Stand Update Release Date Announced (VIDEO)
It’s been years since Valve has touched Left 4 Dead 2 and it was only last month that they teased a brand new update coming to the well-loved zombie game. The teaser stirred up newfound excitement for the game and now there’s an official release date. In just a week, Left 4 Dead: The Last Stand update will bring more than 20 new maps, exploit fixes, 30 different achievements, and more. Check out the latest trailer below:
Left 4 Dead 2: The Last Stand has been 11 months in the making. Thanks to the hard work of over thirty community members and their partnership with Valve, the beloved game will see a resurgence of players ready to mow through waves of undead. Here’s everything coming to Left 4 Dead 2 next week:
Left 4 Dead 2: The Last Stand Update Features
- The Last Stand campaign – The survivors decide to take an alternate path in hopes of salvation, but is this path truly safe?
- 30 brand new achievements – New and unique milestones to strive for!
- 26 new survival maps – How long can you survive against the endless hordes?
- 4 new scavenge maps – Wait, people still play scavenge?
- 2 brand new melee weapons – Hunt down a Jockey with the pitchfork or whack it with the shovel. Satisfaction guaranteed!
- L4D1 infected – The L4D1 infected are back, and they’re bloodier than ever!
- New and previously unused voicelines for survivors – Rochelle has a personality now!
- New character animations – New, improved and overhauled animations by our skilled modding team!
- Reworked gun models and animations – The guns now behave more like real guns!
- PvP enhancements and balance changes – New attack spots, new tank spawns, and hundreds of new infected ladders for the competitive modes!
- Official implementation of CSS weapons – The CSS weapons are now available to everyone!
- Brand new mutations Rocketdude and Tank run – Ever wanted to launch yourself around with a grenade launcher, or run away from hordes of tanks? We’ve got you covered.
- Improved UI options – Singleplayer option for more gamemodes, Versus Survival is officially brought to the main menu, easier gamemode switching, and new outro stats!
- Hundreds of bug and exploit fixes – The days of falling through elevators are gone!
Haven’t had a chance to enjoy Left 4 Dead 2 before? This is the perfect opportunity to find out just why zombie survival fans love the series so dearly, and enjoy brand new content the community has yet to see. Left 4 Dead 2: The Last Stand heads to PC on September 24th and it’s available to all for free.
Are you ready to mow through more than 20 maps of zombies? What’s your favorite part about Left 4 Dead 2’s The Last Stand update? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Ori And The Will Of The Wisps Comes To Nintendo Switch, Collector’s Edition Revealed (VIDEO)
- Monster Hunter Rise Announced, Coming To Nintendo Switch Next Year (VIDEO)
- Devil May Cry 5 Gets Action Packed Trailer For Special Edition Release (VIDEO)
- Oddworld: Soulstone Packs A Nostalgic Punch In New Trailer (VIDEO)
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support.
Hoi Duong2125 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.