Kingdom Hearts 3 Update Schedule Revealed – Day One Patch, “Secret” Video, And More
We are only two weeks away from the release of one of the most anticipated games in recent memory, and fans are gearing up to tag along with Sora and company once more. That said, Square Enix has outlined what sort of updates players can expect upon the launch of Kingdom Hearts 3.
Taking to Twitter to share the update schedule, Square Enix revealed that there will be a patch on the very first day. This will contain “several data fixes” and the Memory Archive. After that, the Epilogue video will be added on the next day, and a “Secret” video will be arriving the day after that. Square Enix was also sure to note that players will need an internet connection to download these updates. Here’s what will be arriving just after launch:
- Tuesday, January 29: Update 1.01 (several data fixes) Memory Archive (videos) “The Memory Archive option will be added to the game’s title menu and can be viewed at any time.
- The Memory Archive is a digest of the Kingdom Hearts story in the series up to this point.
- Wednesday, January 30: Epilogue (video) “Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending to view this video.”
- Thursday, January 31: Secret (video) “Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending, as well as fulfilled certain criteria during play to view this video.
- The criteria vary depending on the difficulty level selected.
- The epilogue and secret movie are video content that will enhance player’s enjoyment of the world of Kingdom Hearts.
- These pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for Kingdom Hearts III
- The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection.
Of course, this won’t work out too well for those with a less-than-stellar internet connection, but we know fans will stop at nothing to get all of the content they can. After all, this game has been a long time coming, but the wait won’t be much longer.
Kingdom Hearts 3 is set to arrive on January 29th for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Fallout 76 Players Find A Living, Human NPC In Secret “Dev Room”
- Catherine Brings Its Fantastically Morbid Tale to PC, Now On Steam (VIDEO)
- Final Fantasy X, X-2 And XII Release Dates Revealed For Switch And Xbox One
What say you, gamers? Are you less concerned with the game’s initial patches, or do you need to get your hands on Kingdom Hearts 3 as soon as possible? What do you think the secret video is all about? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.