H1Z1 Dev Team Is Hiring Now For An MMORPG Based On “A Hugely Popular IP”
The studio behind titles like H1Z1, the battle royale game that game before the ever-present PUBG, and Everquest has got a few more gems up their sleeve. Daybreak Game Company is now hiring for quite a few positions, and many are for an “unannounced project” that is an MMORPG based on a “hugely popular IP.” Since this is the same team from Everquest, this definitely got our attention.
Below is the listing for Combat Designer, with the other positions such as Animator, Gameplay Designers, and more listed here:
DAYBREAK GAME COMPANY
Position: Combat Designer
Location: Austin, TX
The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing massively multiplayer roleplaying games, with a key focus on the design, creation, and maintenance of combat systems.
From Pre-production to Final Release and Live Operations:
• Collaborate with the Lead Designer to design and document multiplayer, RPG, action-based game systems
• Create NPC AI and action combat mechanics
• Create Player gear, weapons, and thematic combat mechanics
• Create fun, AAA quality designs in a fast-paced, iterative environment while utilizing a hugely popular IP
• Direct experience creating and supporting multiplayer RPG combat systems
• Successfully contributed to the combat systems of a AAA game
• Extremely self-motivated, flexible and with strong documentation and communication skills
• Superior ability to construct abilities and mechanics that interact dynamically and drive exciting Metas
• A positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
• Action and MMO game development experience
• Current-gen console (PS4, XBox One) development experience
• Programming experience
• User interface creation experience
• Experience in an early development environment
• Unreal 4 system design experience
Will it be Everquest Battle Royale, perhap? Yeah, probably not … but we can’t help but to be a little excited about what’s in store for the dev team! So far, Daybreak has been completely mum on what the new project could be, but stay with us here at DFTG because we’ll be damned if we don’t find out!
What do you think could be the next big project? What “huge” franchise could they be taking to an MMORPG level? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.