Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) Brings in 2017 With Double GTA$, New Mode, and More!
The Grand Theft Auto franchise has been quite the powerhouse since its top-down days and when it would call us brown bread. Since then, it has taken us on many adventures throughout various cities, and with several different characters. The latest installment, Grand Theft Auto V, or GTA V as it is commonly known, is no exception. What has made GTA V special was the introduction of Grand Theft Auto Online. This online concrete jungle brings up to 30 players together to roam around San Andreas and Los Santos, competing and cooperating on different missions, creating your own missions, climbing online leaderboards, and so much more. It is all sorts of shenanigans.
Recently, Rockstar Games has announced that they are adding to the shenanigans with a few new goodies, one of which is a new bike, the Pegassi FCR 1000. Rockstar says that this “bike treads the fine line between old-school, no-frills engineering and a tight-trousered hipster’s delight.” Take a look for yourselves:
Along with the new bike, Rockstar has also announced the new Adversary Mode, Vehicle Vendetta. This mode will see you and your teammates face off against an opposing team without having to worry about LSPD response units. You will all be competing for power-ups that can drastically change the course of the fight, and you will be doing so while earning Double GTA$ and RP through January 17. Here’s a list of said power-ups:
- Beast: Automatically transforms you into a Rhino Tank.
- Detonator: Removes obstacles and objects from the arena.
- Bomb: Place up to three bombs around the map to destroy trailing enemies.
- Rockets: Fire rockets at oncoming drivers to incapacitate them.
- Repair: Returns vehicle back to max health.
- Ghost: Become translucent, allowing you to drive through enemy vehicles to steal their power-ups.
- Jammed: Forces the accelerator on for the enemy team’s vehicles.
- Flipped: Reverses the enemy team’s steering, acceleration and braking controls.
- Zoned: Slows down time for all players.
- Deadline: Automatically switches you onto the Nagasaki Shotaro complete with devastating light trail.
- Random: Chance to collect any power-up except Detonator.
But wait, there’s more! You don’t have to act fast for this, but beginning January 3, you can receive discounts on a plethora of things and even receive bonuses on exports. Okay, you may have to put just a little pep in your step because these offers will end January 16. The deals are as follows:
- 25% more GTA$ on Vehicle Exports
- 25% off Special Vehicle Warehouse Renovations & Special Cargo Warehouses
- 50% off Grenade Launcher
- 25% off Engine Performance Upgrades
- 25% off Body Armor, Ammo, Throwables and Explosive Weapon Ammo
- 25% off all Masks
Okay, so there’s one more thing that Rockstar is so graciously giving to GTA V fans. In addition to all of the goodness that has been mentioned so far, you will also be able to “earn double GTA$ and RP for competing in all 27 death-defying Rockstar Stunt Races.” If you happen to be a little strapped for cash and are “looking to potentially earn a little extra GTA$ (and Triple RP), Racing Alley will be the Premium Race through January 16th.”
What do you think of everything, gamers? Excited to try the new bike and game mode? Happy that you’ll be able to ear double GTA$ and RP through varying methods? Let us know in the comments section below. Before going down there, however, you should give this a look. Somebody recreated the Max Payne intro with GTA V, and they did an incredible job with it! Of course, you should follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter so you can stay up to date with the latest and greatest in the gaming world.
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.