Four New Final Fantasy XV DLC Episodes Arriving By 2019
Final Fantasy XV’s Episode Ignis DLC was an absolute hit among fans, as it revealed the backstory behind some of the events at Altissia and the ‘why’ behind Ignis’ tragic personal loss. Now that all three ‘companion’ DLC episodes have come and gone, fans of the latest numbered Final Fantasy have been wonder what’s to come. Thankfully there won’t be too much of a wait, as it has been revealed that four new Final Fantasy XV DLC episodes will be arriving by 2019.
The news comes by way of game director Hajime Tabata, who revealed that four more Final Fantasy XV DLC episodes are scheduled to arrive by next year. The announcement itself comes from a few different interviews with Japanese publications in which Tabata discusses the upcoming episodes, the most recent sales numbers, and more. Here are the more interesting bits from the interviews courtesy of Gematsu:
- Tabata does not think users want them to fill in the gaps of the main story anymore, and since Final Fantasy XV cannot be completed even on the creative side, new developments different from the current Episode add-ons are being considered.
- The first new Episode add-on will be “Episode Ardyn,” which was the one most requested in the user survey. After that, there may even be an “Episode Luna,” as Tabata mentioned during the “Active Time Report” official news broadcast.
- Including “Episode Ardyn,” four new “Episodes” are being produced into 2019.
- Regarding original elements in Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, Tabata could not say anything at the moment, but there are mods and multiplayer quests may be improved. However, there are no differences in the story.
- Total worldwide sales for Final Fantasy XV have topped seven million.
- Based on the user survey put out, the average satisfaction rate of the scenario as a whole was 62.4 percent, so Tabata thought it was necessary to ensure a suitable development period for the upcoming downloadable content without being concerned about releasing them in 2018. For that reason, the content will likely spill into 2019.
- The downloadable content planned from this point on is being made with the mindset of completing the “Final Fantasy XV Universe” (the general term for the main game and its related works). For that reason, they are laying the content out as an “additional series” rather than “additional content.”
Final Fantasy XV is currently available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The upcoming Windows Edition of the game arrives on March 6th, and Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition is now available on Android and iOS devices.
So, thoughts on the upcoming Final Fantasy XV DLC episodes? Are you pumped for Episode Ardyn, or are you more looking forward to Episode Luna? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2286 Posts
Ryan is a writer and the head editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.