Fallout: Wasteland Warfare Now Available
Though Fallout 76 is on the horizon, fans of the iconic Fallout franchise may be looking for something a little different when experiencing the Wasteland for themselves. For those that enjoy a solid tabletop experience, might we recommend Wasteland Warfare?
“Some of us here at ThinkGeek World Domination HQ haven’t been able to play Fallout since good ol’ top-down FO1 and FO2 because of stupid motion sickness. And while we’re waiting for our pre-ordered Citroen glasses from Boarding Ring to ship (yes, we are that geeky), it’d be nice to be able to have our faces eaten by super mutants just like the rest of our friends.”
So what is Wasteland Warfare, this two-player co-op experience for this starter set? According to our pals at ThinkGeek:
Enter the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare board game. The version we have here is the base starter set which allows you to experience Fallout at your dining room table. But wait – it also supports multiplayer (both versus and co-op)! The game has all the post-apocalyptic dangers of the wasteland you know and love without all the barfing, and we can definitely get behind that.”
As for what it comes with:
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare
- Officially-licensed Fallout merchandise
- Zetan Alien miniature is a ThinkGeek / GameStop exclusive!
- Starter set that allows for 2-player versus or co-op play or single-player mode
- For 1 or 2+ players
- Ages 14+
- Play time: 60-120 minutes
- Mechanic: Cooperative play, dice rolling, player elimination, simulation
- 13 Pre-assembled Multi-part Hardened PVC 32mm Scale Miniatures (Aviator Head Super Mutant, Super Mutant Brute, Standard Super Mutant, 2 Super Mutant Hounds, Nora (the Sole Survivor), Dogmeat, Enslaved Tech Survivor, 2 Settlers (one male, one female), Brotherhood of Steel Aspirant in T-60 Power Armor, Deathclaw) + exclusive Zetan Alien
- 24 Large Cards: Unit, AI, Reference
- 100 Small Cards: Item (Weapon, Equipment, Mod, Chem, Power Armor), Boost, Heroic, Quest, Perk, Leader, Explore, Event, Wasteland (Danger, Creature, Stranger)
- 10 Custom Dice (White Skill dice d20, Red Armour d12, 2 Black Damage d12, 2 Armour Reduction d12, 2 Green Accuracy d12, 2 Blue Special Effect d12)
- 2 Die-cut Counter Sheets (with over 260 small counters and 60 large counters)
- 3 ft. Square Gaming Mat
- Campaign Handbook
- Starter Guide
Interesting in scooping up the tabletop Wasteland experience for yourself? You can grab yours right here for $79.99! A purchase through our link also helps to support our team and keep DFTG independent and built just for you!
What do you think about the Wasteland Warfare experience? Sound off with your Fallout-related thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to also check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news, reviews, and other shenanigans 24/7!
Matt Ruppert704 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.