New Conan Exiles Update Hits Test Servers, AI Changes & Other Improvements
Conan Exiles has been out now for a little less than a month, and the team at Funcom are doing their best to ensure the game is running at top performance for players. The team just released an update to their test servers which will bring some changes that will aid players playability of the game. The team focused on bringing improvements to quality of life and making corrections to the AI. Optimization improvements and bug fixes were also major items that were dealt with.
The developers do allow players to hop on their test servers, with one major request to report any issues players find with this release. Any changes that players find could help change the next release if improvements are needed, or the creation of a new hotfix. For players who are interested in joining the Testlive, which is the test version of Conan Exiles, it can be accessed by doing the following provided by Funcom:
- Right Click on Conan Exiles.
- Select “Properties”.
- Go to the “Betas” tab.
- From the drop down menu select, “Testlive”.
- Close the window.
- Steam should automatically download Testlive. Once it’s done, run the game. You’re now running the Testlive build of Conan Exiles.
If you want to go back to the MAIN build just repeat the steps above and choose “NONE” in the drop down list in the “Betas” tab.
Check out the details on the new Conan Exiles update which recently went live on their test servers, via Funcom:
TestLive Notes (02.06.2018)
Quality of Life improvements
- You can now add and remove servers from your favourite list
- PVE Conflict servers joined the ranks of properly filtered servers in the browser
- Fixed an issue where thralls wouldn’t follow you after logging out with said thrall in Follow mode.
- Exile NPCs learned to properly put away their weapons and shields when out of combat.
- General Server Performance improvements
- Fixed a bug that would remove the loading screen prematurely while the closest buildings were still loading in. Sorry thieves, you will no longer be able to loot through walls, doors and foundations that haven’t properly loaded.
- Weapon and Shield display racks should now work as intended
- Items in the Chaosmouth Altar will no longer disappear if you walk away without having all required items placed.
- Fixed an issue where some placeables would instantly disappear on placement if their base was placed slightly underground, still consuming the item.
- Fixed a bug where character corpses where sometimes lootable on PvE servers even though they were not supposed to be
- Even though it took skill, your character will now longer be able to run away while sitting or laying down.
- The Altar of Set should no longer vanish after upgrading.
- Fixed an issue where your encumbrance level would be incorrect after using an armor reduction kit.
- Fixed an issue where the Bearer Pack added wrong value to attributes after relogging.
- Fixed an issue where the servers wouldn’t properly display after using the maximum ping filter
- The news tab in the main menu should now redirect to the correct forum
- Fixed a bug where a character would sometimes get stuck in falling animation after a jump immediately after startup.
What do you think of all the changes made by Funcom in the latest Conan Exiles update to their test servers? What else are you hoping to see added or fixed in the game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
- Epic Games Teams Up With Interactive Gaming to Fund Indie Titles
- New Spyro Reignited Trilogy Gameplay Shows Off The Dragon’s Sick Burns (VIDEO)
- Dark Souls ‘Praise The Sun’ Chibi-Style Solaire Statues Now Available For Pre-Order
- Kingdom Hearts 2 “Beyond the Camera” Shows Off Hilarious Footage Not Meant to be Seen (VIDEO)
Matt Ruppert706 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.